"The SanDisk Sansa Clip Is Busy"

Most of the time (probably 9 out of 10 times) that I try to drag & drop a file into my Clip, I get the message “The SanDisk Sansa Clip is busy.”  This occurs on the first time I try to D&D a file (so there is no previous action for it to be busy with), or after a successful D&D (which is fairly rare).  I’ve tried disconnecting the Clip, shutting it off and reconnecting, I’ve tried re-formatting, everything I can think of.  Right now there is absolutly nothing on my Clip and I can’t seem to get anything to go on it.  I don’t use Windows Media Player becauase it crashes every time I try.   I have managed to occasionally get something on the player, but it won’t go on as playlists, I can’t seem to move entire folders onto the Clip (such as entire albums or audiobooks), and when I try to move an entire audio book onto it it seems to only take a few chapters and then back to the “Busy” signal.  I tried installing the latest firmware, thinking it would correct whatever bug is there, but it came up with (you guessed it) the “Busy” message. 

What do I do?  This shouldn’t be that complicated.  Dragging & dropping onto the clip should be the easiest thing in the world.

In MTP mode you can only do one thread at a time .

Try using MSC mode,  you can have three threads copying at once. 

In MTP mode, try transferring the whole enchilada via WiMP11.  The media player will stream your list of files automatically. Once that baby gets cooking, you will be amazed at how fast it will refill your clip, especially if the transfers aren’t copy protected (DRM).

This requires getting your MTP protocol up and running, but the speed and conenience are genuinely worth it.

Just be sure to allow your USB cable to cool off…hehehe.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I have been using the SanDisk for listening to AudioBooks from the local library .The books are downloaded into the eAudiobooks folder and then transfer them to the Audiobooks folder.I am aware of the restricted and non restricted nature of teh books.

I have a windows PC. I upgraded to Windows 10 for Windows 8.1. After the upgrade I downloaded several audiobooks. When I tried to transfer the books from eAudiobooks folder to the Audiobooks folder I received the message: The SanDisk Sansa Clip is busy.

I tried switching modes and still could not transfer.

I checked the downloads and they were in the MUSIC partition which is normal if they are downloaded in the eAudiobooks folder. However, as usual, when in the MUSIC partition, they are difficult to navigate thru the chapters.

I then connected the SanDisk to a computer with a Windows 7 operating system. Windows 7 allowed me to transfer the books from eAudiobooks to Audiobooks.

Is there a fix or workaround for Windows 10?