The Lowest Volume Setting is Too Loud

I LOVE my ears and they’re pretty sensitive to sound. I also love my new Fuze and there isn’t anything wrong with it, but is there any way that I can lower the general volume of all of my songs and videos so that the lowest setting won’t make me deaf? The lowest volume to my Fuze is still too loud for my ears and I’ve tried changing headphones/earphones, using speakers, and and having the plug half way out of its socket(?). (The speakers are fine but they eat battery like crazy and I don’t want to be carrying them on the go.)

Hmm . . . The lowest setting is muted.  If you’re talking about 1 “click” after muted and it’s really loud, you . . .

1. Have insanely sensitive ears, or

2. Should try reinstalling the firmware.

Good luck! 

Yeah, I mean one click after muted. XD

Thank you!

Too loud?   What type of headphone are you using?  It must be very sensitive.

Bob  :dizzy_face:

I used the earphones that already came with the fuze, Philips SBC HS430, and an over the ear headphones (I don’t know the brand or model).

Radio Shack Control

Electronics stores like Radio Shack (or Maplins in England) have Headphone Volume Controls–a short cord with a volume knob–that would allow you to turn down the volume. About $9.

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 07-05-2010 02:27 PM

Cool! Thanks! Hopefully it works!

That should fix it, yet this is still a very strange, unique problem I have never seen before.  Did you try resetting it? (hold down the home button and hold up the power button until the Fuze turns off) 

I tried resetting but the sound is still just as loud. It’s probably just my hearing.

FWIW if you use Rockbox theres ~80dB of volume adjustment possible.  Should go plenty low for you :slight_smile:

Rockbox sux

Maybe it “sux” for you, but it has a lot of functions other users appreciate.

fungazi wrote:
Rockbox sux

We all have at one time or another.

Here’s a whole assortment of volume controls at Radio Shack

Bob :stuck_out_tongue:

Not only does Rockbox suc, Saratoga, Sandisk and every member on this board suc.  iPod rules!

Goodbye **** bleepers*******

Then you will not mind trolling the ipod forums. Enjoy your vacation.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 07-07-2010 09:37 AM

lol

fungazi wrote:

Not only does Rockbox suc, Saratoga, Sandisk and every member on this board suc.  iPod rules!

Well, aren’t you just full of cheer and good will! I think someone needs an attitude adjustment.

Yeah, Apple really makes great products, if you don’t mind higher price, fewer features, walled-garden defaults and lower sound quality. 

Oh, and check out how everyone is just loving the reception dropouts of the new iPhone, and Apple’s explanation about how, uh, we always showed better reception than we got.

bogus bars

Thanks! Are they all the same/similar quality and range? Or should I stick with the gold-plated volume control?

@fungazi wrote:

Then why are you here?