Right now it seems like I am one of few people who are actually happy with the Sansa Fuze+. I hate that so much scrutiny has befallen such a perfectly good device. I do realize that the device is not perfect, however, it is not worthy of being mocked and then returned to the store. It is a very good player that has many redeeming qualities. Now I’m no newbie to Sansas, I’ve been a happy consumer of Sandisk’s “Lil Monstas” for years now. I’ve practically owned them all (C200, E280, View, Fuze, Clip, and now Fuze+). Since all the other users here have pointed out the negative aspects of this device I would like to point out what I love about it
- Album Art: I have been somewhat of an album art junkie ever since the E280. And with the E280, it was so difficult to get the tags to display album art and it was highly frustrating. With the Fuze/View it was easier, however the album art was no where near as big and luscious as most other devices. However on the Fuze+ not only do all my songs display album art but it is just as visually pleasing as with other (higher priced) MP3 players.
- Gapless Playback: Finally a Sansa has gapless playback, this is something I’ve personally wanted for a while. When I heard this was in the Fuze+ I immediately got excited. Now all of the little “carry over” nuances in albums will translate seamlessly on my Sansa.
- Overall User Interface: I’m so glad they changed the UI on the Fuze+. The same old boring interface has been used for every Sansa since the first ones with color screens. I’m very glad they decided to switch it up with this one, it is a pleasant change.
- Customizable background: I haven’t heard many people talking about this feature, but I love this feature. It feels good to have control over the picture that appears in the background. I actually paid a DeviantART artist to make me a very cool background image for my Fuze+ and it came out beautifully. Something I cannot do on any other Sansa. (Sansa Fuze allowed you to change the color of the background…but honestly thats a joke)
- Bigger screen: Very self explanatory…a 2.4 inch screen, it looks very beautiful. Much better for watching videos
- More variety in file types for video and photo: ANY LONG TIME SANSA USER HAS TO BE VERY SATISFIED WITH THIS! Do you know how good it feels to just take a WMV and drag and drop it in the video folder of my Sansa…or drop a JPEG in the picture folder? Ever since the E280 all Sansa users have been scratching their heads over how long it takes the SMC to convert videos and photos.But now, its just as easy as dragging and dropping a file.
Besides all these lovely features with the Fuze+, I also feel some issues with the player are over-dramatized on these forums. Mostly, the sluggish touch pad. The only time I experience slow down is going from the album tab to the artist tab. And its only a few seconds. But I barely ever experience this since I like to search my music by Artist. Also the Touch pad isn’t THAT bad, I’ll admit its the weakest point of the player, but its not this big deal breaking issue that most people make it out to be. For example, most people say they always overshoot the artist they are looking for or something like that. Most of the time, if I overshoot my desired selection, its only by one or two selections. Its never an infuriating problem. I have a library of almost 2000 songs, so the player is practically full and I get little to no slow-down with normal menu navigation.
Anyway, I just wanted to get this off my chest. I’ve been viewing these forums for years and never felt the need to post here. But I feel like I needed to defend this device, and anyone else who loves this device and thinks its a step in the right direction should do the same. If the people from Sandisk get on these forums and see nothing but negative comments about the device then they will give up on it (like they did the View)