The Case of the Empty GoList

Hey everyone!

 

It appears that every time I add songs to my GoList, then connect my Fuze to my computer, add songs to either its internal or external memory, and then disconnect, my GoList appears empty.  This happens every time.

 

I e-mailed SanDisk, who suggested resetting the player, re-installing the newest firmware, and re-formatting it.

 

I’ve done all of that while dealing with problems with the new firmware, and even formatted the player before and after installing the new FW once again.

 

I still seem to have this empty GoList problem.

 

Any ideas out there.

 

Thanks in advance.

I’ve seen things like that with my fuse, it’s nothing to worry about. The golist isn’t a permanent play list and wasn’t make to be. it’s a temporary play list. That’s why it’s called golist. IE on the go.

When you use a external memory card for the go list I’ve seen strange things happen when you sync your player with your computer and then check your go list. all the files can get screwed up,  like files missing or say files added to the go list that I didn’t add to the go list. If you need play lists for a more permanent time I would recommend you do a search for adding play lists here and learn how to make them. Those play lists will not get lost when you do a sync your player. I am sorry I don’t have a asnwer for your question but now that you understand how and what the golist is for you may now not be so upset when it disappears or screws up on you.

@hulksmashnow wrote:

Hey everyone!

 

It appears that every time I add songs to my GoList, then connect my Fuze to my computer, add songs to either its internal or external memory, and then disconnect, my GoList appears empty.  This happens every time.

 

I e-mailed SanDisk, who suggested resetting the player, re-installing the newest firmware, and re-formatting it.

 

I’ve done all of that while dealing with problems with the new firmware, and even formatted the player before and after installing the new FW once again.

 

I still seem to have this empty GoList problem.

 

Any ideas out there.

 

Thanks in advance.

That’s interesting Hulk…it doesn’t happen to me. Sorry I don’t have a solution, but it certainly should not be happening to you.

@jarrycanada wrote:

I’ve seen things like that with my fuse, it’s nothing to worry about. The golist isn’t a permanent play list and wasn’t make to be. it’s a temporary play list. That’s why it’s called golist. IE on the go.

 

When you use a external memory card for the go list I’ve seen strange things happen when you sync your player with your computer and then check your go list. all the files can get screwed up,  like files missing or say files added to the go list that I didn’t add to the go list. If you need play lists for a more permanent time I would recommend you do a search for adding play lists here and learn how to make them. Those play lists will not get lost when you do a sync your player. I am sorry I don’t have a asnwer for your question but now that you understand how and what the golist is for you may now not be so upset when it disappears or screws up on you.

It is something to worry about because it SHOULD be staying the same. The Go-List should be the same after the upgrade, if you dont manually delete the mtable.sys file. Hulk I would call tech support and see if its a recognized bug. 

it can happen with the external memory cards if you move files to the card and resync the player. because the memory card has to do that dance when syncing data files. I forget what it’s called. It’s been a long day here.

@jarrycanada wrote:

it can happen with the external memory cards if you move files to the card and resync the player. because the memory card has to do that dance when syncing data files. I forget what it’s called. It’s been a long day here.

I hit post too early and you responded to quickly for me to edit. If all the files were on the player and you move them to the card or vise versa this will happen but Just because you add files to the card it shouldn’t change 

@jarrycanada wrote:

I’ve seen things like that with my fuse, it’s nothing to worry about. The golist isn’t a permanent play list and wasn’t make to be. it’s a temporary play list. That’s why it’s called golist. IE on the go.

 

When you use a external memory card for the go list I’ve seen strange things happen when you sync your player with your computer and then check your go list. all the files can get screwed up,  like files missing or say files added to the go list that I didn’t add to the go list. If you need play lists for a more permanent time I would recommend you do a search for adding play lists here and learn how to make them. Those play lists will not get lost when you do a sync your player. I am sorry I don’t have a asnwer for your question but now that you understand how and what the golist is for you may now not be so upset when it disappears or screws up on you.

Thanks to you and Marvin for the replies.

 

I do know what the GoList is and what it’s for.  That was never a problem.  However, this problem of empty GoLists has persisted across the various firmware updates, and that is a bit frustrating.

 

I use the “right click - create playlist” for creating playlists, always have, and it works perfectly, and this problem mostly happens when I am moving songs to the microSD.  I guess it’s just a glitch that affects some Fuzes and not others.

 

Appreciate everybody’s help. 

I’ve seen it happen with my c250 and my fuse 8gb and Memory cards. I use the go list 4 times a day everyday. i am not saying it happens everytime but it happens. and it’s more likely to happen for me if I have a mix of files say some songs from main memory and some songs from memory card and then you plug your fuse in and move files to the card or if you delete files that are on the go list and then resync the fuse and all of the golist becomes crap.

This problem has to be some sort of bug and I’m working with Tech Support.  It just take a long time to get responses and thought someone might have some quicker advice here.  Oh, well, hopefully I can get it worked out.

 

Thanks again.

Well, it looks like the problem had to do with my 8GB Kingston microSD card.  I installed my new 16GB SanDisk card and copied my music over, and then created a GoList.  After reconnecting and disconnecting my Fuze to my computer, the GoList remains intact.  Weird, but I’ll take it!