Text Viewing Capabilities??

I was wondering if a firmware has been released that allows text viewing capabilities. I have read a few threads that are very outdated that ask for a viewer, but can not find if it was ever added or will be soon. I am thinking about buying a 4gb model but want to make sure that this is or will be a possibility soon. Sorry if this has already been answered. I couldn’t find it.

@blinddeafmute wrote:

I was wondering if a firmware has been released that allows text viewing capabilities. I have read a few threads that are very outdated that ask for a viewer, but can not find if it was ever added or will be soon. I am thinking about buying a 4gb model but want to make sure that this is or will be a possibility soon. Sorry if this has already been answered. I couldn’t find it.

There has been nothing like this yet in a firmware. I’m guessing it would be difficult given the size of the screen, but I don’t know for sure if it will be in a future firmware or not.

My friend has an iPod Nano and it is actually not that difficult to read. Having access to notes and other text documents would be a very nice feature. I guess I will stay away from this model. Voice notes just doesn’t cut it.

There is a bit of a work around but… Its really not Ideal. You could make your font REALLY big, and then make the document into several jpegs and then add them to the player, and view as a photo.

@conversionbox wrote:
There is a bit of a work around but… Its really not Ideal. You could make your font REALLY big, and then make the document into several jpegs and then add them to the player, and view as a photo.

Indeed, it is not ideal but it works for me. I’ll link to another thread where I have given some notes about my processing of text files. I can fit about 14 lines of 30 characters on an image and still I can read it pretty easily.