Technical Support

Can someone tell me how in the world to reach tech support by telephone. I’ve been trying for two days to get through and always get the message that all circuits are busy. I purchase the Sansa Fuze a few days ago and it has already locked up and I don’t know what to do. I would greatly like to speak to a tech support person but cannot reach them. I emailed them a message two days ago that included my phone numbers and a request for a phone call, but no, no such response. I’m disgusted and want a replacement or my money back.

Did you call 1-866-SANDISK (are you in the USA?) ?

That’s curious- I’ve never had any issues, or a long wait, getting through.

The hot ticket is to register your device via the support link, by going to the SanDisk website: just click on the SanDisk logo here in the upper left.  You can then create an e-Box, allowing you to reach support by the atomic fast method.

Because of the obvious problems with regular e-mail, responses from support can take a few days.  SanDisk is set up for a much faster personal response via the e-Box or calling them directly.  The support staff are very helpful.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had a problem getting a response.

If your Fuze freezes, the most direct action to take is press and hold the menu/power button for 10 seconds, then release.  Your Fuze should start up normally after this soft reset.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: