Syncing playlists as one unit

Hey,

My apologies if this has been answered many times over, but I’m having issues with syncing playlists. So far, I have transferred a number of albums and individual songs just using the mycomputer window and dragging them over, but I’d like to have some playlists in my 8 gig Fuze. One album decided that it would be a playlist, two others are listed as playlists but are empty, and the actual playlist I compiled in WiMP 11 transferred all the songs, but did not list the playlist that they were all a part of and thus they’re just free-floating individual songs. I have attempted to transfer this particular playlist using both WiMP 11 and finding it under my music folder and then dragging it to the device’s music folder without success.

For the record (I don’t know if it’s important here, but it has been for others) I’m working in MSC format.

Thanks!

For the record, you cannot ‘sync’ in MSC mode.

And if you use WMP, it requires MTP mode.

Winamp, another free media player without the OCD issues of WMP will create working playlists for you in MSC mode. I do it all the time.

Here’s how.

@tapeworm wrote:

For the record, you cannot ‘sync’ in MSC mode.

And if you use WMP, it requires MTP mode.

Winamp, another free media player without the OCD issues of WMP will create working playlists for you in MSC mode. I do it all the time.

Here’s how.

Maybe the definition of “sync” is narrower than I thought then… I would be curious as to how you, and neutron bob, as the resident gurus,(_ or anyone else _ ) define “sync”. I’m wondering because my Sansas are both in MSC mode, but I can use WMP’s sync list to fill them, or the similar option in MediaMonkey(not, however, automatically)…and yes, I do drag and drop too :wink: .It is my understanding that playlists work much better with MTP, in general, but I don’t use them on my players. I’m not trying to argue with anyone here, just wondering if there is something I am misunderstanding. 

Viva la Sansa!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 01-09-2009 02:29 AM

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 01-09-2009 02:30 AM

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 01-09-2009 05:08 PM

You can definitely sync in MSC mode, if by “sync” you mean to automatically move files between you computer and Fuze, usually based on playlists defined on your computer.  I use Winamp for exactly that.

The confusion might be that “sync” also refers to the process of updating DRM file license info with a DRM server on the Internet.  In which case, MTP is required.

As to your original question, I’m not really sure what WMP’s playlist capabilities are in MSC mode.  The Fuze needs m3u playlists in MSC mode.  WMP is happiest in MTP mode with pla playlists.

@skinjob wrote:

You can definitely sync in MSC mode, if by “sync” you mean to automatically move files between you computer and Fuze, usually based on playlists defined on your computer.  I use Winamp for exactly that.

The confusion might be that “sync” also refers to the process of updating DRM file license info with a DRM server on the Internet.  In which case, MTP is required.

As to your original question, I’m not really sure what WMP’s playlist capabilities are in MSC mode.  The Fuze needs m3u playlists in MSC mode.  WMP is happiest in MTP mode with pla playlists.

That was my confusion then, the DRM info…I’ve never used Rhapsody or the like. Thanks! The playlist thing, I leave that one for everyone else to worry about. I have never used one on a portable player :smiley: