Sync with Fuze

I have 2 computers each with WMP 11. I synced my Fuze with the first computer to download my song list. Now I want to do the same to the second computer with a different song list. Can you tell me if this is possible without erasing the first list on the Fuze and if so how?

Thank you.

wp11 doesn’t delete your songs just adds them

Kgiaq007 wrote:

I have 2 computers each with WMP 11. I synced my Fuze with the first computer to download my song list. Now I want to do the same to the second computer with a different song list. Can you tell me if this is possible without erasing the first list on the Fuze and if so how?

I can’t say for sure about WMP 11, it may act differently from the previous versions, but . . . the act of ‘syncing’ in the 1st place means you want WMP to make your Fuze’s Music folder the same (exactly) as your computer’s Music folder. That’s what synchronization is.

Now let’s say you ‘synced’ your Fuze with computer A. All well and good (so far). You have different music located on another computer B. You plug in your Fuze. WMP looks around, and doesn’t see the songs on this computer that are on your Fuze. So what does it do? Exactly what you told it to do, ‘sync’. First it will remove all the songs that are not on the computer it is currently connected to (in this case, computer B), and copy all the songs that are on computer B.

A better way to add music from 2 different sources (computers) is to leave WMP out of the equation altogether and simply drag & drop the files you want from both computers to you Fuze.

In my opinion ‘sync’ stinks. It’s just too automated to do exactly what you want.

Thats great news. So I can just sync to my second computer and not worry about replacing any music that is already on the Fuse.

thank you very much.

Well, you can’t sync. If you sync to the second computer, WMP will erase your first batch of music and put on the music from the second computer.

But you can just drag-and-drop the music from the second computer onto the Fuze. 

But then beware. When you try to sync from the first computer it will erase the second batch. 

The trick is to de-automate the whole thing. 

Unless your music is from a subscription service (Napster, Rhapsody),  or you must have WMP playlists, you don’t need WMP at all.

I’d start over.

First, look under Settings/System Settings to make sure you have a USB Mode switch.   It’s probably in Auto Detect. Leave it for the moment.

Find where WMP is storing your music on your computers. Format the Fuze from Settings…which will ERASE ALL THE MUSIC ON IT.

Then switch to MSC mode under USB Mode. MSC is purely manual. From your WMP library, drag or copy the music onto the Fuze. Do that with the second computer too.  Your music is on the Fuze and WMP doesn’t mess with it.

Then under Settings/System Settings

Well, it all depends upon your definition of “sync” lies, actually.  Windows Media Player can be used as a primary synchronization method for your player, if you use the Set Up Sync option for “automatic” synchronization.  If you plug into a second PC and open WiMP, you will get a warning message from the application, telling you that it has been set upto synchronize with a different PC library.

WiMP leaves an information file, wmpinfo.sys in the root directory, letting the application know the specifics of your library and device.

Plugging in to a second PC, you can transfer files between the Sansa and the computer using the sync tab, just tell WiMP to ignore the other files by clicking “cancel” when the warning box pops up.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: