Switching to MSC Mode

Hi,

Rhapsody has stopped recognizing my Sansa Connect.  Instead, whenever I connect to my computer, the Sansa Updater appears with an error message telling me that the Connect is in MTP mode, but needs to be switched into MSC mode; however, I cannot locate any valid instructions on how to make that happen.  HELP!

The Sansa Updater will not work with the Connect.  You need to use the Sansa Connect Recovery Tool.

If you don’t care about losing/not getting the WiFi features, you can downloaded the latest:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/863

If you want to keep/gain the WiFi features, follow the instructions in this thread:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=connect&thread.id=2515

PP,

If the Updater doesn’t work with Connect, then how can I get the SMC?

If not possible anymore, what’s the best alternative for video file conversions?

My aim is to be able to watch video files from my computer’s personal video recorder on my Connect.

Thank you in advance. 

Me:

Sansa PMP Connect 4GB

Windows XP Home SP3

WMP 11

ZAP: 1.2.0.58335r

Boot Loader:24655

saul41 wrote:

PP,

If not possible anymore, what’s the best alternative for video file conversions?

My aim is to be able to watch video files from my computer’s personal video recorder on my Connect.

Thank you in advance. 

Me:

Sansa PMP Connect 4GB

Windows XP Home SP3

WMP 11

ZAP: 1.2.0.58335r

Boot Loader:24655

I need to let mine charge up before I test my theory about this. Ill let you know when I am done. 

saul41 wrote:

PP,

Thank you in advance. 

The SMC used to be a downloadable program from the Sandisk website, I can’t find it right now but someone else may be able to provide a link.

I don’t use the Sansa Updater, does it download the SMC?  If so, does it really require a connection to a Sansa player in order to do so?

I have a bunch of MP4 videos and I’ve never found one that won’t play on my Connect.  I’ve heard that some people use a program called “Any Video Converter” to convert videos into MP4 for the Connect.

PromisedPlanet wrote:

saul41 wrote:

PP,

Thank you in advance. 

The SMC used to be a downloadable program from the Sandisk website, I can’t find it right now but someone else may be able to provide a link.

I don’t use the Sansa Updater, does it download the SMC?  If so, does it really require a connection to a Sansa player in order to do so?

I have a bunch of MP4 videos and I’ve never found one that won’t play on my Connect.  I’ve heard that some people use a program called “Any Video Converter” to convert videos into MP4 for the Connect.

PP, Sansa killed the links to SMC. You have to use the updater now. They did this in an effort to track the number of DLs of the program. 

Thanks PP & Cb.

I chatted with a Support Agent and he said, “we are currently updating our sansa firmware updater, please try it within 24 to 48 hours.”

I’m crossing my fingers…

Yeah. I tried it with the connect; and I couldnt get it. Sansa will need to remedy this.

saul41 wrote:

Thanks PP & Cb.

I chatted with a Support Agent and he said, “we are currently updating our sansa firmware updater, please try it within 24 to 48 hours.”

I’m crossing my fingers…

You may just want to use Any Video Converter instead.  It has a preset for MPEG-4, which is what the Connect supports.  It’s very easy to use.  I haven’t used the Sansa Media Converter in quite a while, but at the time it was a nightmare.  Maybe it’s improved.