Supported Sampling Rates

Does anyone know or can find out what sampling rates are supported by this device? I’m going to be undertaking a massive digitization project of all my LPs and I want to know if I should sample at multiples of 44.1 kHz (eg. 44.1 or 88.2) or 48 kHz (eg. 48 or 96 kHz? I really don’t care about the high resolution stuff, I want maximum compatibility with the Clip and other media devices.

Thanks!

44.1 kHz

Which format and bitrate do you plan to use? I guess the most popular suggestion will be to use variable bitrate mp3 files averaging around 192 kbps.

Always use 44.1k for compatibility. Higher stuff is mostly a gimmick anyway. There is some argument to be made for 48k, but higher is just marketing.

Thanks a lot guys. I’ve been converting at 88.2 kHz / 32 bit float for archival purposes from analogue lp. If 88.2 kHz allows for maximum compatibility, then I’ll stick with it. 88.2 kHz is easier to downsample to 44.1 than, say, 48 or 96 kHz.

@ajwan wrote:

Thanks a lot guys. I’ve been converting at 88.2 kHz / 32 bit float for archival purposes from analogue lp.

Such high sample rates are useless in this case. I would convert to something more sensible for storage, or even just capture at 48k.

@ajwan wrote:

If 88.2 kHz allows for maximum compatibility, then I’ll stick with it. 88.2 kHz is easier to downsample to 44.1 than, say, 48 or 96 kHz.

Its not actually easier to 88.2 -> 44.1 than any other number unless you are using a relatively low quality resampler. With modern tools there is no advantage to divide by 2 downsampling, so this should not be a factor in your decision.