Suggestions: longer playing time.

CZ is about 15 hours of 128k mp3. However, samsung’s YP-U5 YP-U6 YP-U7 is 20 hours and YP-F3 is 15 hours at the level. And YP-F3 is color sweeter than CZ plus all U5 U6 U7 F3 have SOUNDALIVE effect. If playing OGG Q6 and above, playing time will be cut down much more. Maybe 2 days one charge and that’s not convinient.

I think sandisk mp3 may not develop a new music effect system, but Hope sandisk mp3 will make longer playing time.

I have been asking for longer play time for a long time. Imo players around the size of the Clip should get at least 30 hours of play time, and larger players should get at least 50 hours. There is an mp3 player(not made by Sandisk, so don’t ask me which it is) that gets 110 hours of play time.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Site-suggestions-Product-feature/bd-p/featuresuggestions

@jamesjc wrote:

Maybe 2 days one charge and that’s not convinient.

Why, you don’t live anywhere near a computer or electricity? :confounded:

@jk98 wrote:

There is an mp3 player(not made by Sandisk, so don’t ask me which it is) that gets 110 hours of play time.

But what is the size of this player? Is it physically comparable to the Clip series? Does it have the same sound quality, audible file support and features (FM radio, recording and SD card slot)?

Even though this is a SanDisk-sponsored forum, there’s no law against mentioning or discussing a competitor’s product. Advertising, or spamming said competitor’s product though, is regarded as a faux pas and generally frowned upon. :wink:

I have no means to offend you, sir. I just hope sandisk mp3 can be more attractive.

Compared with samsung yp-u6, it lacks SOUNDALIVE effects, and is ugly in color paint, but does have a clip which U6 doesn’t have. But U6 can play 20hours under the same condition compared 15hours in C+. And U6 USB direct plug-in, no need for USB wire, while sandisk needs one. 

Compared with samsung YP-F3, they both play 15hours, and need for USB wire too, and do have a clip too, but no SOUNDALIVE and ugly as usual.

SD card is good, but my many chinese friends have complained about the very short playing time (about 4-5 hours, FLAC) when playing FLAC from SD card. Now I think play music from SD card is not a good option if you want more playing time. This time, sandisk mp3 has nearly no advantage over samsung YP-U6 or YP-F3.

Do you think day to day charging my mp3 is a funny thing ?

I know CZ use AS3525 while samsung yp-u6 or yp-f3 use sigmatel 3770. 

Any one knows the difference or which is better ?

@jamesjc wrote:

Do you think day to day charging my mp3 is a funny thing ?

I really don’t see what the big deal is.  Either plug it in to charge when you go to sleep, or when you first wake up.  

When my Clip+ or Clip Zip was my primary player, I would simply plug it in each morning while I had my coffee and breakfast, and by the time I was ready to start my day, it was fully charged.  I never ran out of charge during the day, following this practice.

If this is too much of a hassle for someone, then they have bigger problems than just their MP3 player’s battery…:laughing:

So there is no room for MP3 with long playing time such as IRIVER E50 or SONY NW-S700F, right ?

In this way, maybe I should use my cellphone to play music as cellphone has a long playing time and be taken with me all the time ?

You can only get so much life out of a battery as small as those installed in the Zip. With the full color screen and SD card slot crammed in this little match book-sized device, a smaller battery is used and more power is consumed. Rockbox (3rd-party, open-source firmware) is a bit more efficient with the decoder it uses and can make signifigant improvements when playing FLAC & OGG files, but SanDisk’s MP3 decoder is pretty efficient. You may get a little more battery life, but nothing like what you are wanting.

@jamesjc wrote:

I know CZ use AS3525 while samsung yp-u6 or yp-f3 use sigmatel 3770. 

Any one knows the difference or which is better ?

Its actually AS3525v2.  THe 37xx is used in the Fuze+.  They’re similiar and use the same processor but the 37xx is fabbed on a newer process, so its a little more power efficient.