Sub-folders within Sansa Express

Just wonder how many sub-folders can be setup within the SE ?

@peteyim wrote:

I don’t really know. But after using the Express’s format option, the internal memory shows up as FAT file system.

So I am guessing that you will have a max. of 128 files and folders, including any system files, in the player’s root directory.

Message Edited by Mr_Moose on 05-04-2008 09:54 PM

@mr_moose wrote:

@peteyim wrote:

I don’t really know. But after using the Express’s format option, the internal memory shows up as FAT file system.

So I am guessing that you will have a max. of 128 files and folders, including any system files, in the player’s root directory.

Message Edited by Mr_Moose on 05-04-2008 09:54 PM

Sorry, my question should be:  How many levels of sub-folders can be supported ?

Once I got my SE, I notice there are two folders; MUSIC and DATA.   Then, I try to copy mp3 files into the MUSIC folder.  For instance; MUSIC>Artist ABC>CD1>mp3 files, MUSIC>Artist ABC>CD2>mp3 files,  etc

However, when I play the mp3 files from choose Artist ABC, the SE just cannot distinguish between CD1 and CD2.  Thats why I am wondering only TWO level of folders are supported in SE.

Please advise my thought.

thanks,  :smiley: 

peteyim wrote:

Once I got my SE, I notice there are two folders; MUSIC and DATA.   Then, I try to copy mp3 files into the MUSIC folder.  For instance; MUSIC>Artist ABC>CD1>mp3 files, MUSIC>Artist ABC>CD2>mp3 files,  etc

However, when I play the mp3 files from choose Artist ABC, the SE just cannot distinguish between CD1 and CD2.  Thats why I am wondering only TWO level of folders are supported in SE.

Please advise my thought.

thanks,  :smiley: 

The Express does not organize music by folders. It uses ID3 tags to sort the music files into a Database.

It sorts by Artist, Album, Genre, track number and a few others. If these tags are missing, corrupt or have unrecognizable characters, the Express will not be able to recognize or sort the mp3 files.

It appears that yours have the same album tag for CD1 & CD2 or the tags are missing.