Stuck in "loading" with logo

Bought on 25 OCT 2012. No problems with getting music on the Sana Fuze+ 8 GB player. Connected it to the DVD/CD player in the SUV, played with no problems through the speakers. Charging fine. Today 28 OCT 2012 won’t play is fully charged but shows the sansa logo with loading  displayed. What gives. firmware download tried without success. What gives?

Try resetting it. Press and hold the power button for 20-30 secs. Release, then press the power button again momentarily this time to power up the player. With any luck, things will be back to normal.

Thanks for your response. I did this intuitively before coming to this forum and it didn’t help and just did this again(even after reading your reply) and it still didn’t work. I guess I will have to return it after owning it for only 4 days.

@sandy12 wrote:

Bought on 25 OCT 2012. No problems with getting music on the Sana Fuze+ 8 GB player. Connected it to the DVD/CD player in the SUV, played with no problems through the speakers. Charging fine. Today 28 OCT 2012 won’t play is fully charged but shows the sansa logo with loading  displayed. What gives. firmware download tried without success. What gives?

How did you try re-applying the firmware, with the Updater? The updater only “updates”; in other words if you already have the latest firmware version, the updater won’t do anything.

Try going here, manually downloading and extracting the firmware and installing it manually.

Good news! I was able to down load the firmware successfully,the unit reset,and acted like nothing had ever happened. All my songs remained,time was set. I was able to access and play my songs today.  Thanks for your suggestions.

:smiley: