storing documents for viewing on Fuze where to store and how?

how do I store and where do I store documents, if I can do it at all.  would like to store like thumb drive

I’m not aware of the Fuze having any type of text reading/viewing facility.  If you just want to use your Fuze as a flash drive to transport documents/files from one computer to another, then store them anyplace you like.  I’d suggest creating a directory on the Fuze with a name meaningful to you, and keeping them there.

@tenzip wrote:
I’m not aware of the Fuze having any type of text reading/viewing facility.  If you just want to use your Fuze as a flash drive to transport documents/files from one computer to another, then store them anyplace you like.  I’d suggest creating a directory on the Fuze with a name meaningful to you, and keeping them there.

Clever idea, especially that you could try using the folder navagation (founded in the newest firmware update) to see if you can use them.

You can use the Fuze as a removable flash drive, carrying files for use on different PCs, or as storage for files from your PC.  The display is not intended to use as a reader.

µsansa

So you’re saying that I can storage pdf files or word files on the fuze?  And it wouldn’t conflict with the firmware and prevent the data refresh or any other function?  I don’t care if it can’t be viewed.

Actually, now that I think back, doesn’t the fuze show a pink screen with a message that says something like it’ll can’t read or show the file?  When I first synched with WMP 11, it pulled a bunch of stuff out of my computer and the fuze couldn’t show it, but it did display the name of the file along with the pink screen and message.

Message Edited by mags1230 on 04-13-2009 09:55 AM

yup, thats what microsansa is saying…I used it to transfer an update to a pc game I play from my pc to my friends pc as he has no internet. it was 1 gig or so.

Thanks, that’s good to know.

@mags1230 wrote:

So you’re saying that I can storage pdf files or word files on the fuze?  And it wouldn’t conflict with the firmware and prevent the data refresh or any other function?  I don’t care if it can’t be viewed.

Actually, now that I think back, doesn’t the fuze show a pink screen with a message that says something like it’ll can’t read or show the file?  When I first synched with WMP 11, it pulled a bunch of stuff out of my computer and the fuze couldn’t show it, but it did display the name of the file along with the pink screen and message.

Just create a new directory called, Files, or MyStuff, or whatever, and put your documents in there.  The Fuze won’t try to play them if you don’t put them in the Music, podcast, etc. directories.