Stop playing mp3 files and radio

Hi.

Couple days ago my player was working fine. I turned it off, played with my small brother,and some time after turned it on to continue listening audiobook. But what I heard is nothing! Player shows, that mp3 file is playing, timer working fine (don’t stop on 00:00), but I can hear nothing. Some on radio: player shows, that it’s playing, but nothing.

What I tried to do:

1. I opened player, and checked contacts of mini-Jack by ringing it with multimeter. Ichecked, that contacts from player to mini-Jack (inside mini-Jack, where headphones conatcts with it). The contacts are fine.

2. Then I tried to reset it to factory settings. No result.

3. And then I changed firmware to Rockbox. But no result to.

I know, that guarantee for this player expired a year ago, that’s why I cracked it. And I can’t change it to new, I’ll have just by a new one. But I can’t, because it is now where to buy in my country (Russia). And player is so good, that I do not whant to buy other model.

So, the question is: what can I manually check,and how can I repare my player?

P.S. I have got soldering Iron, and I can work with it.

Did you make sure the volume wasn’t turned all the way down?

Did you make sure it wasn’t PAUSED?

Did you try maually re-installing the firmware?

Did you try formatting the player and re-loading your content (Formatting will erase all user-added content)?

My money here is that the player has just been paused.

My money here is that the player has just been paused.

No:

…Player shows, that mp3 file is playing, timer working fine (don’t stop on 00:00), but I can hear nothing. Some on radio: player shows, that it’s playing, but nothing…