Stop Making MP3's

Maybe Sandisk should consider not makeing MP3 players. I mean the link below show how many pissed off customers they have and the tech support doesn’t have a clue how to fix the problem.

http://www.sansacommunity.com/forum/thread/11485/my-fuze-not-recognized-by-ANY-computer-aaah-help/

I am on my 3rd Fuze all of which have had the same freezing, battery won’t charge, and can’t be reconized by any pc. Sure they work for the first month, but then after that nothing. I bought one from my kids at Christmas and the sam deal is happening. SanDisk…get out of the MP3 buisness and stop stealing peoples money.

Happy Guy

Same thing as here on this forum. The thousands (or maybe millions) of happy, satisfied owners of Sansa mp3 players are truly the silent majority. People only post here & elsewhere when they are frustrated & desperate, giving the impression that they are experiencing what is most common. The ones with no problems don’t post (with a few exceptions).

The ‘true’ majority of users are silent beacause they’ve got their earphons in, and are rocking out! :smileyvery-happy:

The incidence of major problems with Sandisk players is small in comparison to the number of players sold. I have read these forums for numerous months. Sometimes problems are due to user error. I guess Sandisk could do more to help prevent user confusion, such as getting rid of the autodetect mode, and having the players set to MSC by default. I also want to see all new Sandisk players being able to be firmware upgraded via a flash memory card being placed in the player(in addition to an option to upgrade the firmware via pc). Sometimes a player can’t connect, and being able to reload the firmware without connecting may sometimes be very useful.

It’s not the players fault. It’s either you have crappy computer hardware or you just have a defective unit. Simply return it.

But what sandisk really needs is to provide direct feedback and active communication between them and the customers. Especially through the forums.

Sansa has a higher proportion of unsatisfied customers because their hardware is crap. Apple sells more ipods but has a lower percentage of frustrated customers becasue they sell quality products. I have gone through 3 Sansa players before they gave me one that was okay. The salesman at Futureshop told me a lot of Sansas come back after a few months for replacement when I returned the last one. He said buy an ipod - much fewer returns - and they sell more of them. Sansa sucks.

JJBug wrote:

Sansa has a higher proportion of unsatisfied customers because their hardware is crap. Apple sells more ipods but has a lower percentage of frustrated customers becasue they sell quality products. I have gone through 3 Sansa players before they gave me one that was okay. The salesman at Futureshop told me a lot of Sansas come back after a few months for replacement when I returned the last one. He said buy an ipod - much fewer returns - and they sell more of them. Sansa sucks.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

JJBug wrote:

Apple sells more ipods but has a lower percentage of frustrated customers becasue they sell quality products.

Have you perused the iPod forums lately? I’m sure you’d find plenty of people who would disagree with that assessment.

JJBug wrote:

Sansa sucks.

So do Hoovers, Electroluxs, Kirbys, Orecks, Dysons, Eurekas, Rainbows, Bissells & Dirt Devils.

Your point?

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

They say sour grapes make a fine whine. :stuck_out_tongue: