start from scratch?

I have a Fuze 4GB that I purchased last year and didn’t get around to trying to use it for about 2 months. I plugged it into my mac, got a white screen, and have never gotten a xxxxx thing to work! By the time I took it out of the box my warranty was up.

I hate to throw out something I never used.

I have one laptop PC now so today I decided to try and just reboot everything on the FUZE. I installed the firmware updater. I have done the reset by holding the power slider up for 30 seconds multiple times- white screen has not changed at all. Since I’ve never used it I can’t even navigate my way through this thing blindly. Is there any hope? I’ve seen so many posts on this white screen issue I’m surprised there isn’t a script I could run.

I have the original disc. It seems to only be a Rhapsody install. I did install Rhapsody, but I’m pretty sure that’s just for getting music and won’t have any software fixes for me. Isn’t it possible to use the Fuze without Rhapsody?

How can I be sure I’ve wiped everything clean and started from scratch.

@wastedmoney wrote:

I have a Fuze 4GB that I purchased last year and didn’t get around to trying to use it for about 2 months. I plugged it into my mac, got a white screen, and have never gotten a xxxxx thing to work! By the time I took it out of the box my warranty was up.

The mfg. warranty on the Fuze is 1 year (2 years in parts of Europe). So either you’re mistaken about the 2 months, or it’s still under warranty. Why don’t you give SanDisk Tech Support a call and see what they say?

@wastedmoney wrote:

I have the original disc. It seems to only be a Rhapsody install. I did install Rhapsody, but I’m pretty sure that’s just for getting music and won’t have any software fixes for me. Isn’t it possible to use the Fuze without Rhapsody?

The disc is only a free trial offer from CRhapsody. It is perfectly alright to use the Fuze without it. Millions do.

@wastedmoney wrote:

The mfg. warranty on the Fuze is 1 year (2 years in parts of Europe). So either you’re mistaken about the 2 months, or it’s still under warranty. Why don’t you give SanDisk Tech Support a call and see what they say?

@wastedmoney wrote:

The disc is only a free trial offer from CRhapsody. It is perfectly alright to use the Fuze without it. Millions do.

Why don’t you try forcing MSC mode to connect to your PC (preferred) or Mac.

With the unit off, push the power switch up to Hold (you’ll see an orange dot if you look closely).

Connect the USB cord to computer. Open Windows Explorer (My Computer or Computer) on the PC.

Hold down the << side of the wheel and connect to the Fuze. Does it show up in Computer or My Computer?