star rating of songs

I’m not sure how the star rating on my device works.  i’ve looked in the manual and there’s no mention of it.  my question. my sansa clip allows me to play “my not rated” songs.  since there are 5 stars for rating, i thought it would allow me to play the groups by the number of start ratings, but that is not so.  what is the purpose of the number of stars.  or does it start playing the top rated ones first and so on?

thanks.  liz 

Message Edited by ellienewfan on 05-26-2009 11:45 AM

@ellienewfan wrote:

I’m not sure how the start rating on my device works.  i’ve looked in the manual and there’s no mention of it.  my question. my sansa clip allows me to play “my not rated” songs.  since there are 5 stars for rating, i thought it would allow me to play the groups by the number of start ratings, but that is not so.  what is the purpose of the number of stars.  or does it start playing the top rated ones first and so on?

thanks.  liz 

There is an option for play highest rated… Letting you listen to the songs you rated with (i think) 4 or 5 stars. In my own use it serves the purpose of helping me set up the go-list (I start by adding the 5 stars, then the four, and so on) 

thanks.  that’s what i thought.