Standby vs complete shutdown?

Is there such an option? When I shutdown the fuze by flipping the side toggle up and it says goodby it shuts off. But every day the unit looses power in this mode. Is there a complete shutdown option so this does not happen? Ot should I just store it with the charger always plugged in?

The post-“goodbye” state is as off as the player goes. The slow drain is probably caused by things like the internal clock still being powered.

I would not store it with the charger always plugged in.  While batteries have improved a lot over time, recharging all the time will probably lessen the battery life in the long run.

this bothers me. I often connect my Fuze to upload new files, I also occasionally use it as a storage device for regular data. Everytime I connect it to the computer, charging begins. This means I rarely have my battery emptied completely, which , as I have heard, would be healthy for its life expectancy.

the question is - with the kind of batteries installed in Fuze, does this really change anything in a visible way? Does it really make a difference if I recharge only after the battery is empty, or maybe recharging more often isn’t that harmful after all? If it is, it would be nice to be able to optionally disable charging on connection. 

I’m worried because I’m extremely satisfied with the device and I don’t want to get rid of it after 3 years of usage only due to battery life… I don’t care about all the latest gadgets, I’ve had my previous Creative player for a few years until it broke. I only care about data capacity, sound quality and ease of use - and Fuze is impressive in all these respects.

Old-school NiMH batteries were better off being fully discharged. The Fuze has a newer Li-Ion battery, without the “memory effect” of the NiMH, so partial recharging is fine.

@siclmn wrote:
Is there such an option? When I shutdown the fuze by flipping the side toggle up and it says goodby it shuts off. But every day the unit looses power in this mode. Is there a complete shutdown option so this does not happen? Ot should I just store it with the charger always plugged in?

The device should not be losing a noticeable difference in power when it is shut down.  I’ve had mine off for the last several days and it still has 100% power.  Your battery may be defective or just wearing out depending on how long you’ve had your fuze.