SSD Ultraplus 128Gb freezes

Greetings,

Recently, I bought an Sandisk Ultraplus 128Gb ssd, to do an upgrade of my system. On that drive I installed a version of Windows 7/64, and nothing else, I wanted that here there was only an OS, in order to have a fast start and swapping.
Well, everything seems to work regularly but sometimes, after 1 minute, or even after 2 hours, the computer freezes, forcing me to a forced restart. After have a fully formatted the drive and reinstalled Windows a second time, the problem recurs.After reinstalling Windows on another hdd, and letting loose the ssd, the system has worked fine for several days, so I suspect that it’s the fault of the ssd. Please, what do you suggest me to do?
My system consists of: AMD FX 6350 cpu, motherboard Asrock 970 Extreme 3, 8Gb ram G.Skills Ripjaws F3-17000, Saphire Radeon 4850 video card with updated catalyst, 700w power unit.

Thank you very much

Walter

first make sure you ahve the latest SATA driver for your motherboard. if the issue continues try disabeling HIPM See link below. If that does not help post the logs from event viewer after the freeze occurs. 

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/177819-ahci-link-power-management-enable-hipm-dipm.html

Hi drlucky,

thank you for your reply, her is the log of the last error accours during the last freeze of my system.

Nome registro: Application
Origine:       Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Data:          14/11/2013 13:57:06
ID evento:     10
Categoria attività:Nessuna
Livello:       Errore
Parole chiave: Classico
Utente:        N/D
Computer:      walter-PC
Descrizione:
Impossibile riattivare il filtro eventi con query “SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA “Win32_Processor” AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99” nello spazio dei nomi “//./root/CIMV2”. Errore 0x80041003. Impossibile recapitare gli eventi tramite questo filtro fino alla risoluzione del problema.
XML evento:
<Event xmlns=“http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event”>
  <System>
    <Provider Name=“Microsoft-Windows-WMI” Guid=“{1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}” EventSourceName=“WinMgmt” />
    <EventID Qualifiers=“49152”>10</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime=“2013-11-14T12:57:06.000000000Z” />
    <EventRecordID>1904</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID=“0” ThreadID=“0” />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>walter-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>//./root/CIMV2</Data>
    <Data>SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA “Win32_Processor” AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99</Data>
    <Data>0x80041003</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

the event listes above is not related to the SSD it is caused by   Microsoft-Windows-WMI.

Many thanks drlucky, every time the system freezes, I find the list of events, always the same error, but I have to say that I have already reinstalled windows ssd drive at least 2 times, and after formatting the drive completely. Moreover, the system seems to work correctly using a copy of Windows installed on another disk and disconecting the ssd, so it was my suspicion fell on the ssd drive.

Please, what do you think about?

P.S.:I’ve already done all the tests and the settings that you suggested, but did not notice any improvement.