Specifications of the Sansa E140 headphones?

Hi,

I have an e140, a clip and a fuze.

The e140 headphones are by far the best.

I have bought quite a few 3rd party in-ear headphones, but I still find the original

white in-ear phones that came with my e140 to be the best.

I have even gotten a few people to do a blind comparison, and they still

pick the old sansa ones.

Does anyone know what the specs of those earphones are?

My current set are starting show their age, and I have wasted money on

a few brand names that have turned out to be inferior in bass and clarity

than the old ones. If I can get the specs, I could at least compare before

I buy the next set.

ID

I can’t answer your question.  What specs are you looking for?   If its Frequency range, sensitivity and distortion.  This won’t help you find a good sounding earphones.    Those specs all look good on paper.

Your going to have to have to trust someone’s opinion and what they think is good,  read reviews, and finally try some yourself.

Good luck in your quest.  Cheers

@niko_sama wrote:

I can’t answer your question.  What specs are you looking for?   If its Frequency range, sensitivity and distortion.  This won’t help you find a good sounding earphones.    Those specs all look good on paper.

Your going to have to have to trust someone’s opinion and what they think is good,  read reviews, and finally try some yourself.

Good luck in your quest.  Cheers

Yep, I’m looking for the design specs, materials used, freq range etc.

Unless I can try out a pair on the spot, what else can I use to compare?

Most headphones come in shrinkwrap sealed packs now, so you don’t get an

opportunity to try upfront.

I have had these headphones since the e140 came out, and every so often I buy more headphones

that look similar (eg jvc marshmallows) and that seem to have gotten good reviews.

I also have tried out friends and family who have ipods etc.

I have a small collection of pretty ■■■■ earphones now :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s just pure taste, as I have had people do an A/B test and so

far the sansa ones have won. Although none of test earphones have been high end.

I’m not keen on gambling on a really high end pair yet, especially if they cost more

than the fuse, and are easy to lose or crush.

ID

The e140 is still sold.   So possibly you could get a deal on ebay.com, then sell off the unit and keep the phones.     And your right about the new phones being purchased before you buy.

I read one review of the e140 that said the stock headphones were cheezy?   It was the reviewers words, not mine.   Maybe set a price range your willing to pay and search for unbiased reviews for headphones in that price range.

Sorry I couldn’t help,   I’m sure you will find some new headphones.      For a cheap pair of in-ear headphones  I liked the SkullCandy Ink’ed,  they sell in the usa for around $10.00  (not the smoking buds).    And for a more expensive headphones  the SkullCandy FMJ’s are Amazing @ $50.00.   But i have limited experience with headphones.  Everyone will have a favorate.  

(yesterday i purchased 3 headphones to try,   in the 10 to 25 dollar range),  i will try them out over the weekend and post a review)

The e140 is still sold.   So possibly you could get a deal on ebay.com, then sell off the unit and keep the headphones.     And your right about the new phones being purchased before you try.   You’re not alone, I think everyone who has searched for good headphones has purchased more than one.

Maybe set a price range your willing to pay and search for unbiased reviews for headphones in that price range.

Sorry I couldn’t help,   I’m sure you will find some new headphones.      For a cheap pair of in-ear headphones  I liked the SkullCandy Ink’d,  they sell in the USA for around $10.00  (not the smoking buds, they are around 20 dollars and didn’t sound as good as the Ink’d IMO).    And for a more expensive headphones  the SkullCandy FMJ’s are Amazing @ $50.00.   But I have limited experience with headphones.  Everyone’s experience will vary.  

(Yesterday I purchased 3 headphones to try,   in the 10 to 25 dollar range),  I will try them out over the weekend and post a review,  Then give them as gifts with a Clip.)

@niko_sama wrote:

The e140 is still sold.   So possibly you could get a deal on ebay.com, then sell off the unit and keep the headphones.     And your right about the new phones being purchased before you try.   You’re not alone, I think everyone who has searched for good headphones has purchased more than one.

:-)  I’m not alone then.

Maybe set a price range your willing to pay and search for unbiased reviews for headphones in that price range.

I usually do set a limit - then I see something for “just a few pounds more”  :wink:

@Sorry I couldn’t help,   I’m sure you will find some new headphones.      For a cheap pair of in-ear headphones  I liked the SkullCandy Ink’d,  they sell in the USA for around $10.00  (not the smoking buds, they are around 20 dollars and didn’t sound as good as the Ink’d IMO).    And for a more expensive headphones  the SkullCandy FMJ’s are Amazing @ $50.00.   But I have limited experience with headphones.  Everyone’s experience will vary.  

I had a both the skull candy and the jvc marshmallows in my hand, but got swayed by

a favourable review of the jvcs. Needless to say, I don’t agree with the reviewer.

(Yesterday I purchased 3 headphones to try,   in the 10 to 25 dollar range),  I will try them out over the weekend and post a review,  Then give them as gifts with a Clip.)

That would be cool.

Have you ever heard the original Sansa buds (the in-ear ones) ?

the ones with the fuze and clip don’t even come close.