Speakers for 4gb Sansa Clip

Hello,

Just got a 4 gb sansa clip.  Are there any small portable external speakers that one can buy that can hook up to the ear phone jack?

Thanks for any help.

Bill

Any powered speakers that plug into a headphone jack will work. Most powered pc speakers need to be plugged into ac power.Sony and others make speakers that run off battery power. Try a few out before you buy. Small ones might not give enough bass.

I have an older pair or portable speakers, Sony’s SRS-T77, that I really like to this day.  It’s a one-unit deal, about the size of a CD case but twice as thick.  It runs off of AC or battery power and even came with the AC global supply unit, with foldable prongs, and a travel pouch.  What I really like about it, in addition to its small size and absolute portability, is that the 2 halves on the top of the unit, the tweeters, can swivel independently, and so you can bounce the treble off of walls, furniture, etc., enriching the sound.  They sometimes still can be found, at good pricing. 

I have an older pair of portable speakers, Sony’s SRS-T77, that I really like to this day.  It’s a one-unit deal, about the size of a CD case but twice as thick.  It runs off of AC or battery power and even came with the AC global supply unit, with foldable prongs, and a travel pouch.  What I really like about it, in addition to its small size and absolute portability, is that the 2 halves on the top of the unit, the tweeters, can swivel independently, and so you can bounce the treble off of walls, furniture, etc., enriching the sound.  They sometimes still can be found, at good pricing. 

Thank you very much.