Sorting Albums Chronologically

Hi there,

I just picked up a 4GB Fuze lately and am quite impressed with it. The only problem I have is the albums are sorted alphabetically. Is there anyway I can have them sorted by year without changing the album name tag to have a year or number in front of it.

For example:

How the fuze displays albums

eMOTIVe

Mer de Noms

Thirteenth Step

How I want these albums displayed

Mer de Noms

Thirteenth Step

eMOTIVe

Not like this

(2000) Mer de Noms

(2003) Thirteenth Step

(2004) eMOTIVe

or this

1 Mer de Noms

2 Thirteenth Step

3 eMOTIVe

Any help with be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by Thebrazman on 04-18-2009 10:24 AM

@thebrazman wrote:

Hi there,

I just picked up a 4GB Fuze lately and am quite impressed with it. The only problem I have is the albums are sorted alphabetically. Is there anyway I can have them sorted by year without changing the album name tag to have a year or number in front of it.

For example:

How

When I want to listen to an artist chronologically, I use the GoList. I just add the albums to the list in the proper oder using the one button press and hold method. Although the new folder nav mode may offer an alternative…I haven’t fully explored all the nuances of it yet.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@thebrazman wrote:

Hi there,

For example:

How

When I want to listen to an artist chronologically, I use the GoList. I just add the albums to the list in the proper oder using the one button press and hold method. Although the new folder nav mode may offer an alternative…I haven’t fully explored all the nuances of it yet.

Thanks for the suggestion! But it’s not really a matter of listening to them in order. Just how I’d like them to be displayed when I’m browsing by artist. I’m a little OCD! haha I find many MP3 players seem to display albums in this manner, I guess I’m a little different than most people in how I want my music displayed. If there is no work around it’s no big deal. I’ll just change the album tag so the year precedes the name. :smiley:

you would need the whole list of columns like you have on computer media players. i would love that myself. i am a little OCD when viewing an artist also. QMP lets me do this, would be nice to have that on the Fuze. 

Change the folder names to start with the year, or, if you prefer, put the year in the Genre tag. Those would be easiest.

If the Fuze had the processor power and RAM of your computer it would have all the options of your computer.  Unfortunately, it would also probably be as big as your computer. 

@black_rectangle wrote:

Change the folder names to start with the year, or, if you prefer, put the year in the Genre tag. Those would be easiest.

Can Fuze do that?  Sort by genre as the secondary key (after artist)?