Sorry to have to ask!

I have been reading and searching the posts trying to get a handle on this. I know it’s been asked and answered, but I think I tried everything and am at a loss.

I have a Fuze that I have used SMC before to load songs (mp3).

I have reformated the unit to clear out the songs because I want to reloade new songs as well as some of the ones I had before.

The SMC will not reconize any song I try to import. I always get the ‘need codac, not supported , or corrupted file’ message when I try to drag and drop. I f I use the ‘add media’ buttom and search my files, SMC does not reconize any songs in the folders.

I tried loading the new version of SMC to see if it would work, same problem.

I feel I must be missing something simple here, but I can,t figure out what.

Thanks

Ringwood wrote:

I have been reading and searching the posts trying to get a handle on this. I know it’s been asked and answered, but I think I tried everything and am at a loss.

I have a Fuze that I have used SMC before to load songs (mp3).

I have reformated the unit to clear out the songs because I want to reloade new songs as well as some of the ones I had before.

The SMC will not reconize any song I try to import. I always get the ‘need codac, not supported , or corrupted file’ message when I try to drag and drop. I f I use the ‘add media’ buttom and search my files, SMC does not reconize any songs in the folders.

I tried loading the new version of SMC to see if it would work, same problem.

I feel I must be missing something simple here, but I can,t figure out what.

Thanks

You dont use SMC to load Music. SMC is just for Pictures and Video. Plug your player in to the computer, open it up like a flash drive then find the music you want elsewhere on your computer and copy and paste it to your player. 

Boy, now I’m really sorry for wasting your time on this one. It’s been so long since I first got this I forgot.

Well, I prove the saying, "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Thanks again…:smiley: