Sorry about yet another playlist question...

I am on linux so don’t tell me to use a program like winamp to create a playlist :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, back to my issue. Any playlist I create is displayed as [Empty] on my Fuze. I am using MSC and I created an m3u playlist using banshee… Heres the file itself:

#EXTM3U  
#EXTINF:268,Alexisonfire - The Northern  
Ubuntu Music/Alexisonfire/Old Crows \_ Young Cardinals/06 The Northern.ogg

I then thought to myself that as this doesn’t work, I’ll try something basic, so I tried:

#EXTM3U  
dawnchorus.mp3

which still didn’t work…

My directory structure is the following:

MUSIC

-Ubuntu Music

–Alexisonfire

—Old Crows _ Young Cardinals

----06 The Northern.ogg

-dawnchorus.mp3

-Test.m3u

Can anyone tell me what’s going on?

Thanks in advanve :slight_smile:

Message Edited by imafatmess on 07-25-2009 02:52 PM

Ignore me, fixed it.

There must be a return at the end of the m3u file… Silly me :stuck_out_tongue:

Im guessing, however, still no way to access files from sd when playlist is internal :confused: Anyone able to confirm?

Message Edited by imafatmess on 07-25-2009 03:15 PM

@imafatmess wrote:

Im guessing, however, still no way to access files from sd when playlist is internal :confused: Anyone able to confirm?

You’ll have to create another playlist comprised only on songs that reside on the SD card and place the playlist file itself on the card too in the same folder (root or music).

@imafatmess wrote:

You’ll have to create another playlist comprised only of songs that reside on the SD card and place the playlist file itself on the card too in the same folder (root or music).

Thats a bit lame but I thought as much. No big playlist for me.

Thanks anyway :smiley:

You can create playlists from both internal an micro-sd slot, but I’ve not found any way of doing it with an M3U file. You have to use the .pla format.

The format takes two files - playlist.pla and playlist.pla.refs.

Playlist.pla must be a zero-byte, blank file. Weird, but there you go. The Playlist.pla.refs is where you put your file references, like so:

/mmc:0:/MUSIC/Unknown Artist/Amiga Music Remixes/01_-_silver-main_theme.mp3

/mmc:1:/music/allister brimble/immortal/08 project x’99.mp3

The files, as you can see, must be in unix format paths, and the drives are referenced as /mmc:0:/ for the internal slot and /mmc:1:/ for the microsd slot. Lines must be terminated with $0D, $0A.

Hope that helps.

D.

I actually love you Dunny :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, that didn’t seem to work, which is a bit lame. Ah well. Anyway, I have the following:

/mmc:1:/CD Music/30 Seconds to Mars/30 Seconds to Mars/06 Echelon.ogg

In my playlist.pla.refs file and a zero byte playlist.pla file yet it is empty…

Although spaces in filenames are ok, you must make sure that case matches exactly when using Unix filenames. That would be my first bet. Other than that… I have no idea. All I can say is, it works here - just tested it. Mind you, as I’ve mentioned before, I only use mp3. 

Although it does look odd that you have “30 Seconds to Mars” twice in your path…

D.

Self titled album…

But yeah I guess it must not like ogg files. Oh well, I’ve just moved the files I want in my playlist onto internal memory, I should have just done this in the begining, instead of faffing about for over an hour :stuck_out_tongue:

If I use mp3 it still doesn’t work… Obviously doesn’t like me at all

Right, this is officially weird then! 

Here’s a zip of one of my playlists. Judge the playlist structure, not my musical taste… :slight_smile:

http://paul.dunn.googlepages.com/PLAYLISTS.zip

I cannot think of anything else to suggest - oh yes, one other thing… All my playlists are in the PLAYLISTS directory on the internal memory drive, not the micro-sd. All my music is in the MUSIC directory (as you’ll see from the file names).

All I can suggest now is that you hex-edit the pla.refs file and see if there’s any noticeable difference to yours. The one I linked to up there is guaranteed 100% working on my player.