Songs

I have a sansa fuze and I downlading 15 new songs on the my fuze. The converted to my fuze fine. when I went to listen to them 14 of the songs were skipping, only 1 song worked. Do I went to listen to the music on my computer and the all worked fine. So I though it wouldn’t hurt to download the same song from a different site. so I listen to the new songs on my computer. They all worked fine. So I converted then to my Fuze. I when to listened to them and I had the same problem, 14 of the songs skipped.

Please Help me

Which programs did you use to put them on your Fuze?

What do you mean you converted?  I only use the sync feature in Windows Media player.  I’ve also put them on Media Monkey and then copied them to the drive (it’s a longer process and not recommended…).

The only program I’ve used for converting things is the SMC, which is only for video or photos…

I’m not sure what else… 

Check out the FAQ’s and on 13d there are some questions which can help us solve the problem.  Copy them into a post and/or then answer them.

I used rapsody to put my music on my fuze adn I use total video converter to convete my videos to mp3s.

1. What operating system (OS) are you using? Windows
  2. What version of OS are you using? XP
  3. What service pack do you have installed? Service pack 3
  4. What version of firmware does your Fuze have? I cant find this
  5. What version of Windows Media Player do you have? 11
  6. What are the steps you are doing? 1.Downloading Videos 2. Coverting them to mp3s 3. Downloading to fuze
  7. What do you expect to happen? to music to go on the fuze and not skip
  8. What is actually happening? Most of the songs are skipping after trying different songs
  9. Any error messages. no

Bump Can someone help me?

I am kind of confused.  Are you doing music video?  You mention video in the questions, but music in the subject part…

I think you can do video with rapsody without SMC, but haven’t done that. 

So are you doing music?   Videos?   Music videos?   Music, videos, and music videos?

I don’t use Rapsody, so I’m not sure how this works.  But you should be able to use that to sync them to your Fuze.  Can you change the original subject title to add Rapsody?  Maybe more can respond that way…

To find the firmware,

go to the home button,

scroll around to find Settings

Scroll to System Settings choose this

Scroll down to Info, choose this

The very first is the version of the firmware you have

here are some links to help you with rapsody, I did a search.  If these don’t help or maybe someone might be able to help with more info.

Convert Videos with Rapsody

Transfering Music from Rapsody

The skipping I"m not sure why it’s doing that…

Maybe try to use WMP11 to put music on your Fuze and not Rapsody.  Or vice versa.

Do you have any music not from Rapsody?  Does that work and how did you get it on your Fuze?  for example a CD that you ripped then synced?

Maybe try a free song from Amazon and put that on your fuze and see how that works (this way it won’t cost you anything).

I’m trying to help but maybe not being much help… sorry…

Message Edited by Dalaug234 on 08-05-2009 11:06 AM

@sansafuze96 wrote:

I have a sansa fuze and I downlading 15 new songs on the my fuze. The converted to my fuze fine. when I went to listen to them 14 of the songs were skipping, only 1 song worked. Do I went to listen to the music on my computer and the all worked fine. So I though it wouldn’t hurt to download the same song from a different site. so I listen to the new songs on my computer. They all worked fine. So I converted then to my Fuze. I when to listened to them and I had the same problem, 14 of the songs skipped.

Have you made sure the plug for your earphones are inserted all the way? Many people have reported similar symptoms as you have, only to discover the plug wasn’t ‘quite’ all the way in. The jacks on the Fuze are extremely tight when they’re brand new, and usually need an extra little ummph to seat them completely.

ItThis is sovled. It was that the songs were courrpted.

@sansafuze96 wrote:
ItThis is sovled. It was that the songs were courrpted.

Ahhh! Lesson learned . . . be careful wher you get your music files. :wink: