Songs copied to Clip in MSC mode are not being added to database

Subject line says almost all of it.

I’ve done this successfully, one time - copied songs to the Clip’s Music folder in MSC mode, disconnected, and after the database refresh, the songs were on the Clip.  But this morning, no joy.  I have about 20 MP3s in the Clip’s Music folder, but they’re not in its database. 

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Where are the songs comming from? CDs, Download?

And actually, the clip is a MTP device only.  Try sending the songs through WMP (Windows Media Player) Make sure though that youre using WMP 10 or higher.  WMP 10 or 11 installs drivers and files needed to your PC so you can see the device and run it correctly.

WMP 11  Is actually easier, drag and drop into sync list and click a button.

What OpSys are you running? WMP Version?

Actually, the Clip is not an MTP device only.  There are several threads in this forum which discuss how to put the Clip into MSC mode.

These are DRM-less MP3s, either 128 kbps or 192 kbps.

Are the ID3V2 tags in place?  I know i’ve had songs with missing/incomplete tags that were difficult to find on the sansa.

technikal wrote:
Are the ID3V2 tags in place?  I know i’ve had songs with missing/incomplete tags that were difficult to find on the sansa.

Bingo … album tags were missing.

But this appears to have prevented the songs from being added to the database at all.  Song titles and artist names were in the ID3V2 tags, but I couldn’t find the songs via the Clip’s Songs or Artists.