song take up to much memory

how can i maked my music libary take up less space on my fuze

you can convert them to lower bit rate (but the quality will degrade) and use other file type like ogg

Buy more memory!!!:smileyvery-happy:

true,  sandisk just announced the 3bits/4bits per cell MLC something technology so i believe a 32GB and (hopefully) 64GB microSD card will be out soon…

32 sure but 64 probably will not work in your sansa. all sd card larger than 32GB are a new spec called SDXC and given the track record from past SD specs it will not be backwards compatible.

@drlucky wrote:
32 sure but 64 probably will not work in your sansa. all sd card larger than 32GB are a new spec called SDXC and given the track record from past SD specs it will not be backwards compatible.

I believe it was announced that SDXC would be added or is already to/on the Fuze, and that rather than waiting for support we were waiting for release or cost effectiveness.

To address the SDXC requires a hardware change.  Cool idea for a next generation Fuze.

Like the Coneheads would say: mass quantities!!

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been talking about buying a 16GB microsdhc for my Fuze for a while, but I’ve decided that I won’t until it’s down in the $20 range. My Fuze currently is 4GB internal with 8GB external. The reason I’m not bothering with the bigger card right now? Because at any given time my “heavy rotation” is rarely more than 2GB, and never more than 4 or 5GB. Not to mention that I would need that bigger card AND an upgrade to the 8GB Fuze to hold everything I own.

I like almost everything I have, but most of the stuff I’ve had for a while, I go through phases. 6 months might go by where I don’t listen to Yes, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc. Then I’ll go a couple months and listen to them alot. I would never get rid of them, but I’ve realized that I don’t always need to have it all with me. Any of the other  people here(say, 30yrs old and up) with wide variety music collections feel this way? Some of this music I have had for half my life, so to avoid burnout, I rotate it out. Does this make sense to anyone but me?:smiley:

@marvin_martian wrote:

<–Snip–>

I like almost everything I have, but most of the stuff I’ve had for a while, I go through phases. 6 months might go by where I don’t listen to Yes, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc. Then I’ll go a couple months and listen to them alot. I would never get rid of them, but I’ve realized that I don’t always need to have it all with me. Any of the other  people here(say, 30yrs old and up) with wide variety music collections feel this way? Some of this music I have had for half my life, so to avoid burnout, I rotate it out. Does this make sense to anyone but me?:smiley:

I am not 30 or older (Ill be 21 in 19 days) but Ihave a massive and elclectic collection and I agree, Some band thats like that For me is Harvey Danger, UFO, Elton John, Black Sabbath (Stuff I can hear in my head at this point). They usually make 2 week rotations for me (On for 2 off for 2). I also limit my size to 4 gigs (Max) which makes me be picky about what I have. I did buy a 1 gig card (It was 7.50 on clearance at a local store) for pod casts and non music stuff (Video, Lectures, and my random musings). But yeah I cant take all 100,000 tracks with me.

I’ve found that the µSD card solves the problem of changing moods.

I can load an assortment on a card, and simply swap the card when I’m in the mood for something completely different.  I have my current favorites loaded in the internal memory, plus Rhapsody Channels that change with every charge / sync session.

I agree, having the whole world with me isn’t a priority, but with the expansion cards, it’s easy to do.

I went for many years with a few cassettes at a time, dubbed from my favorite LPs.

Today, I can choose my assortment in seconds.

I do have a battery operated AM radio / record player somewhere about.  Ah, those days were fun.

My sansa is sitting atop a stack of 10 1/2 inch NAB studio masters.  I remember lugging those monsters around…

The Lil’ Monsta has changed things considerably.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@conversionbox wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

<–Snip–>

I am not 30 or older (Ill be 21 in 19 days) but Ihave a massive and elclectic collection and I agree, Some band thats like that For me is Harvey Danger, UFO, Elton John, Black Sabbath (Stuff I can hear in my head at this point). They usually make 2 week rotations for me (On for 2 off for 2). I also limit my size to 4 gigs (Max) which makes me be picky about what I have. I did buy a 1 gig card (It was 7.50 on clearance at a local store) for pod casts and non music stuff (Video, Lectures, and my random musings). But yeah I cant take all 100,000 tracks with me.

Well, like you guys, I too, have very electic tastes and have musical mood swings, I rotate about every couple of months.  I run a 4gb Fuze with an 8gb card and I find that I fill the card with music and the internal with vids.   True I dont listen to all 1200 tracks all the time, so I have a half dozen playlists instead.   That way the tunes are always available but my desired tastes of the moment are met.  Seems to work for me.

so by converting to ogg i save more memory

@delonh24 wrote:
so by converting to ogg i save more memory

yes, because ogg’s more efficient,  you can retain the same quality for about 30-40% smaller file size.     But on the other hand ogg requires more power to play back.   So your battery will last 1/3 as long.

Sometimes it’s easier to spend a little more money on the external microSDHC card and get the next size capacity.   

All my music is 64kbps wma

and i have 3061 songs on my 8gb fuze with about 1.5gb left