Song skip issue

I had a recent issue with my fuze player after adding a song to it. The song stops playing about half way though the song and just starts repeating the last 4 words before that point,the song count meter also stops and does not move, the song copied correctly,and I can listen to the song just fine on my computer, another thing is when it starts to play it says the correct length of the song yet it stills stops.

does anyone else have this problem, it has happened to a few of my songs

It could be the condition of the CD when you ripped the music files to your computer. Try cleaning the disc, then rip the CD again.

the song came from the internet

I don’t think it’s ever happened to me.

Did you recently download the music files from the internet? Or were they working fine before this happened?

they were working fine until I added them to my fuze

i download them from limewire

Limewire?

No wonder.

Hey I’ve never had a problen ever with limewire, and we’ve had it for over 5 years now

@jrdnkasparek wrote:
Hey I’ve never had a problen ever with limewire, and we’ve had it for over 5 years now

I dont think his picture was a comment on the programs functionality but rather (And Tape Correct me if this is me putting my opinion in your mouth) the blatent theft and copyright infringement that occours there, and the fact that you can very easily get viruses and other trash from it disguised as normal files.

@jrdnkasparek wrote:

I’m going to tell you something that you probably don’t want to hear. Limewire is probably one of the most obvious reasons that thousands of people get trojan horses each year. So, you might want to stop using limewire, and just buy music from itunes, or go to the store and buy the CD. remember, our economy is dying, so now’s your time to help!

@pringles wrote:

@jrdnkasparek wrote:

I’m going to tell you something that you probably don’t want to hear. Limewire is probably one of the most obvious reasons that thousands of people get trojan horses each year. So, you might want to stop using limewire, and just buy music from itunes, or go to the store and buy the CD. remember, our economy is dying, so now’s your time to help!

Trojan Hourses are bad, but the potential Legal issues are worse.

@conversionbox wrote:

Trojan Hourses are bad, but the potential Legal issues are worse.

And that’s why I stopped using torrent. So, limewire in my opioin, provides poor quality downloads, and I don’t think the Fuze will do much for pirated music files. So, if you want music on your Fuze, buy it, don’t steal it.

That Family Guy episode is destined to become a classic.

As you’ve discovered, just because a song track has the correct name, you have no control over the file’s content or format.  Files sourced from a torrent can cause major issues, as you have no idea what’s there.

Use a legal download source, such as Amazon, Napster, Rhapsody, and countless others, and you’ll get a standardized file that should work correctly.  Illegal downloads are a bad thing, and cannot be condoned here.

µsansa

In the off topic board I have posted a thread where there are links to places with Legal torrents licensed under The Creative Commons Licenses. There are also places to get zip files and some other delivery methods. All are free and legal

What some folks are hinting at is that there may be some technical issues with the file. The decoder on your PC may be more forgiving than the decoder in the Fuze.  Geez people, he didn’t come here for a lecture on ethics. 

@narf wrote:
What some folks are hinting at is that there may be some technical issues with the file. The decoder on your PC may be more forgiving than the decoder in the Fuze.  Geez people, he didn’t come here for a lecture on ethics. 

You know the ethics of the matter so the lecture is not for you. As a Musician I feel the need to say something when ever I come across someone who uses limewire or another software illegally, in an effort to educate them. 

@conversionbox wrote:

@jrdnkasparek wrote:

I dont think his picture was a comment on the programs functionality but rather (And Tape Correct me if this is me putting my opinion in your mouth) the blatent theft and copyright infringement that occours there, and the fact that you can very easily get viruses and other trash from it disguised as normal files.

hammer-animation.gif Nail and hammer image by CementumInc

@conversionbox wrote:

@narf wrote:

You know the ethics of the matter so the lecture is not for you. As a Musician I feel the need to say something when ever I come across someone who uses limewire or another software illegally, in an effort to educate them. 

Same here.