song selected is not song that plays

On some, not all, of my songs the one I select is not the one that plays.  It’ll play music from the same album, but not the title that shows.   First I thought it might be something in the cd that I burned.  But it’s happened again.  Only a couple of albums.  Any clues?

What does the information say? Is the info right for the song that is playing or does it display the info for the song you choose but play something else.

For example, if I choose “Jailhouse Rock”, it’ll play “Heartbreak Hotel”.       I just went back and checked (which, I know, I should have done before I posted), and it seems like it may be the cds.  When I play a song on my computer, it does the same thing.   Problem is, I’ve never had this happen before, and my husband who also uses Media Player, has never had this problem.

So, the point is, maybe it’s not the mp3 player, but something inherent in the burning of the cds?

@jeudyth wrote:

For example, if I choose “Jailhouse Rock”, it’ll play “Heartbreak Hotel”.       I just went back and checked (which, I know, I should have done before I posted), and it seems like it may be the cds.  When I play a song on my computer, it does the same thing.   Problem is, I’ve never had this happen before, and my husband who also uses Media Player, has never had this problem.

So, the point is, maybe it’s not the mp3 player, but something inherent in the burning of the cds?

I understand that. What I am asking is What does your player say? If you Choose Jailhouse rock, does it say Jailhouse rock, or does it say Heartbreak Hotel? You may have a situation where your tags dont match the song. 

This I have seen with Windows Media Player.

What happens is the metadata pulled from the Internet for your song was from a different version of the album, or the data is “off” by track number in the resourced database.

To fix this, open Windows Media Player and select the Library tab.  Right click on the desired album, selecting Find Album Info.  There will be a delay of a few seconds.  From this screen, you can select the proper album, or click on the Edit button to correct the track data.

Once the album is corrected, delete the album from the Sansa, then retransfer the corrected version over to the player.

µsansa

@microsansa wrote:

This I have seen with Windows Media Player.

What happens is the metadata pulled from the Internet for your song was from a different version of the album, or the data is “off” by track number in the resourced database.

To fix this, open Windows Media Player and select the Library tab.  Right click on the desired album, selecting Find Album Info.  There will be a delay of a few seconds.  From this screen, you can select the proper album, or click on the Edit button to correct the track data.

Once the album is corrected, delete the album from the Sansa, then retransfer the corrected version over to the player.

µsansa

This is not exclusive to WMP.  With so many variant albums these days, it has happened to me with cddb and other internet databases, even though I never use WMP.  That’s why I always verify my tag information with the tagging program of my choice before transferring to my players.

That worked!   Thanks.