software fuze upgrade fault?

I have recently up graded my fuze to firmware  v02.03.31a and I get lots of lockups. Although I have only had the thing about 5 weeks ever since the upgrade I get one or two a week.

I can get around it but wonder if others have a similar problem and can I go back to an older version?

don’t remember the number of the old software? 

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 05:43 PM

If you know your issue isnt a particular song(s) (corrupted file or incompatible media format) then this might work for you… Try moving your media folders, (Music, Video) and so on from your fuze to your desktop or wherever you want on your pc drive.

Then try formatting fuze and any micro sd cards you use from windows in fat32. The fuze has a format option in its settings but I have never used it.

For me, I went crazy collecting v1 fuzes and all of them locked up randomly (with or without rockbox installed) when I updated to new firmware with micro card installed and all mostly full of music files loaded by msc mode (Drag n Drop). After a windows format (remember to save media to another drive to make it easy to reload) all is well. 

@libraxt1 wrote:

I have recently up graded my fuze to firmware  v02.03.31a and I get lots of lockups. Although I have only had the thing about 5 weeks ever since the upgrade I get one or two a week.

I can get around it but wonder if others have a similar problem and can I go back to an older version?

don’t remember the number of the old software? 

Yes, you can go back to an old version, if you choose. The last version was 02.02.28 (or 01.02.28 for v1 Fuzes). Just follow the instructions on the download page. Just make sure you have the player in MSC Mode (and, FYI, you can do this quickly by putting the device on “hold”, and plugging it in while holding either the center button, a.k.a., the “enter” button, or the rewind button. Either one will work.)