So you want custom backrounds, eh?

Everyone is always going on about custom backrounds, and the gurus always say the icons get in the way, so I thought, if they, or someone, re-did everything and gave them an idea, maybe that would be possible (I read this back, and if I’m I’m sounding like a jerk, I’m not trying to be). So here’s an idea, a picture.

If anyone else has an idea, I would love to see it!

Sorry. I can’t figure out how to put a picture on here. I’ve never tried to do that before. How do you do that?

@saxmaster765 wrote:

Everyone is always going on about custom backrounds, and the gurus always say the icons get in the way, so I thought, if they, or someone, re-did everything and gave them an idea, maybe that would be possible (I read this back, and if I’m I’m sounding like a jerk, I’m not trying to be). So here’s an idea, a picture.

If anyone else has an idea, I would love to see it!

Sorry. I can’t figure out how to put a picture on here. I’ve never tried to do that before. How do you do that?

I am a Graphic Design Student and I do Freelance work on the side… I have offered before and will again, If somebody wants to sketch it up I will work it up as a proper graphic. If we can all come to a (Remote) Consensus (agreement) on ideas we want on here I will gladly compile them into a graphic representation, or something we can send SanDisk. 

Okay. I already kind of designed something, but I can’t figure out how to put the picture on here.

@saxmaster765 wrote:
Okay. I already kind of designed something, but I can’t figure out how to put the picture on here.

At the top of the posting window is a row of buttons for special functions. The “insert image” button is a small picture of a tree (next to a short piece of chain, which is the “add link” button). Get a link to your picture ready, click the “add image” button, and paste your link into the dialog.

What if it’s on your computer? I tried that, and it says “url”. It’s not on the internet, unless I misunderstood it.

For images like that you have to use a website that hosts images to post them

Then you need to upload it to a hosting site.

In that case, what website could I use?

Photobucket… Sax… Check your PMs

Oh, I forgot about PMs.

I have an idea that matches with the logo, it goes like this: There are six Icons, three on top, three on bottom, in the middle there is a box that says the name of the icon your selecting: For example, if you are selecting Music, there will be something highliting the icon, and the word “Music” will apear in the middle box. Is that clear enough? It will be like the new Sansa Logo. And if you want you could change it to only four icons, like if you don’t want “Music, Photos, Videos, FM Radio, Voice, Settings”, it will only be “Music, FM Radio, Voice, and Settings.” 

Also, you will be able to choose between two Menu settings: “Basic” and “Advanced”. In the basic settings, you will have basically the same basic Menu we have now(pun not intended); in the Advanced Menu, you will have every setting you will like to customize, not unlike the Cowon S9 with Claw’s Theme. You will be able to customize the theme, music properties…Etc. EVERYTHING. 

Well, you heard my dream, If conversion box could put up a Mock-Up, I will confirm if that was what I meant.

i really hope custom backgrounds are avaialbe some time in the future :[ maybe before the end of the year :D? I really don’t like these background colors…they annoy me for some reason lol…I can live with it though i guess. Custom backgrounds are nice to look at :stuck_out_tongue:

Any comments on my idea? Also, the Battery indicator and the Time can be in the Middle, too, on either side of the Text Box.

@yelped wrote:
Any comments on my idea? Also, the Battery indicator and the Time can be in the Middle, too, on either side of the Text Box.

Time… One of my co-workers quit friday… I worked 20 hours a day for the past 3 days. I am working on it… I dont know how well it will come out though. Yelped, your thoughts are cool lookin but its LABOR INTENSIVE! That could take some time… but I will work on it soon. 

Wow… You must be exhausted! Thanks a lot for the help! You’re great!

Also one more thing, the color theme should match the New Sansa Logo.