So what do we do about the Extreme USB 3.0 64 GB being junk?

I don’t know enough about computers to understand all the technical posts here other than the Extreme USB 3.0 64 GB is junk when it comes to Windows 7 and may be junk no matter what.

I have a San Disk Cruzer Micro 8 GB fhash drive I use for back-up.  I back-up several times a day by copying files from the C drive to the F drive.  When I change a name of a file I change the name in the F drive also.  This allows me to keep the names current on both drives and I do’t have any “old file clutter” on my F drive to cause confusion.  My F drive and my C drive are real time current except for the document I’m working on that moment.  Makes sense to me.

My Cruzer Micro 8 GB fhash drive is several years old and worked fine with my previous computer (Windows Professional).  I bought a new Dell XPS 14z with Windows 7 and continued using my San Disk Cruzer Micro 8 GB fhash drive as a backup just like before with no problem.

Then I saw the Extreme USB 3.0 64 GB.  I bought it for the larger memory plus the faster transfer rate offered by the 3.0.  But it doesn’t work.  I would say the problem is me except my Cruzer Micro 8 GB fhash drive workes fine with my new Dell XPS 14z with Windows 7.

I don’t have time to figure this out.  I don’t care about being screwed out of the money to buy the Extreme USB 3.0 64 GB.  I just need a fhash drive with more memory and a higher transfer rate than my Cruzer Micro 8 GB fhash drive.

Can anyone here suggest what I buy that will work and offer more memory and a higher transfer rate than my Cruzer Micro 8 GB fhash drive and work with Windows 7?

My Dell XPS 14z with Windows 7 is 64 bit it that matters.

Thanks.

if the drive is not working contact sandisk support. i bought one of these when it first came out and had some issues. they replaced it for me and the replacement works like a charm. contact sandisk tech support and see about getting a warranty replacement.