SMC and Vista

I cannot get my Sansa media Converter to install on Vista. Is there a way I can do this?

Ok I am getting an error. This error states:

Component Transfer Error

Component: Web Registration

File Group: Reg brazil

File: E:\fscommand\data2.cab

Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Sounds like the file is corrupt, are you installing from a CD?

Yes

It came with my player. I just got this computer last week cause my other one crashed.

It installed on the old computer fine, but it was XP

I have the media converter installed on my Vista Machine and it works so I do not think it is a Vista issue. You could try copying the install files to your desktop and running it from there.

ok i tried copying the files but it can’t read from data2 cabinet file

Odd but it seems the disc reader in that system is having trouble reading that disk. Is the disk damaged at all?

Looks like it. I found a download for it…thanx

Thanks! hope that works for you!

Hi, I recently bought a refurb e250 from Woot, works great. However, I’m having a problem with some photos I transfered and SMC. First off, I thought e200 was compatible with .jpg’s, so I didn’t think I would need to convert, but it says I need to when I try and access the files on the media player. Second, SMC crashes before opening completely. I’m not sure if it’s Vista, I run Business. Install goes great, I’ve installed, reinstalled, tried troubleshooting. I can’t find a problem. Any suggestions? Thanks

Candy

@thecandyman wrote:
… First off, I thought e200 was compatible with .jpg’s, so I didn’t think I would need to convert, but it says I need to when I try and access the files on the media player. …

Candy

Yes, it is compatible but it needs to convert to some sorts of album (with thumb nails) and reduce file size to fit into its screen.

BH

For those that had problems installing any of the software on a Vista Machine, I had to install one of the software applications as the administrator with Vista Premium.  I think it was the Media Converter.   Just right click the install file and pick, “Install as Administrator” from the menu list.  Then it installed normally for me.

Vista Ultimate. SMC seems to install OK but does not register in Control Panel so can’t uninstall it as per Help. Running the program hangs at the first small product display window. Tried installing/running as Administrator with same result. Anyone ?