SMC and v4f will not work

I got another fuze for christmas seeing as I lost my old one. I have a few movies on my laptop that I wanted to put on. I put on one that i had converted into an HD format useing the Divx converter. The secon one that I have tried to convert just will not. I import it, an hit convert, the box will show up ok if you can see this image(prabably not), the program apears to be working, but  ill check it in like 20 minutes or so, it will stay at 0%. The file i am trying o convert is in AVI format and plays perfectly fine with no lag or audio/video fallback.

Now to the video4fuze problem, I start the program and elect the same video file. When i hit convert,

This box shows up that says, “Skipping Frame! 78.2s 18852 (10%) 115.01fps Trem 23min 452mb a-v:o .054 [367:127]”. It will do this for every frame. When it’s done, the box will disapear and the directory where i sent it won’t have the file. I have vista SP2 on an acer aspire 6920-6621, I downloaded this avi file on IE8. What do I do

Kenji wrote:

I got another fuze for christmas seeing as I lost my old one. I have a few movies on my laptop that I wanted to Now to the video4fuze problem, I start the program and elect the same video file. When i hit convert,

This box shows up that says, “Skipping Frame! 78.2s 18852 (10%) 115.01fps Trem 23min 452mb a-v:o .054 [367:127]”. It will do this for every frame. When it’s done, the box will disapear and the directory where i sent it won’t have the file. I have vista SP2 on an acer aspire 6920-6621, I downloaded this avi file on IE8. What do I do

Probably want to ask this in the video4fuze thread.

Kenji wrote:

Now to the video4fuze problem, I start the program and elect the same video file. When i hit convert,

This box shows up that says, “Skipping Frame! 78.2s 18852 (10%) 115.01fps Trem 23min 452mb a-v :dizzy_face: .054 [367:127]”. It will do this for every frame. When it’s done, the box will disapear and the directory where i sent it won’t have the file. I have vista SP2 on an acer aspire 6920-6621, I downloaded this avi file on IE8. What do I do

Probably want to ask this in the video4fuze thread.

Well, it’s not relly the v4f that I really care about. SMC worked just fine for the first video, it also worked perfectly on my old fuze & old computer, so why will it not work now?

So, what’s known for sure?

No one (besides you) knows what your old operating system was.

No one knows if both videos were converted using the same DivX converter, prior to you using SMC.

In fact, no one even knows if the properly working file was converted on the new system or the old one.

So why will it not work now? Because you’ve changed more than one thing, but no one has any idea what… except you.

It’s hard to say where things changed, given that you haven’t really laid out everything. You’ve been living it, and know all the details, but we have no clue. Why did it work before? What computer were you using? MTP or MSC mode? And so on.

Well well mister picky for your information, my old ocmputer was an acer travelmate 2410 with windows XP SP3. The second file was not converted useing divx, I thought I was pretty dam clear when i said the file was an AVI and a divx converted file do not carry that extention. No neither of these files where from my old computer, SMC works perfectly fine on the divx file. And don’t you dare come back saying its the file that’s screwing me over because that works perfectly fine on wmp version 11. It also works on VLC Acer Arcade Delux, divx player V7 for windows vista, and Windows Live Photo Gallery, if you don’t know it plays movies it does. Now instead of you pointing out the damed flaws in my threads, why don’t you try to help me fix it so I can get on with my life. Besides you’ve only just started this today haven’t you. I bet that all those 13 posts are you going around doing your “saintly” buisness of pointing out what people are doing wrong here, instead of fixing the problems that these people are haveing, which is the only reason SanDisk put these forums here in the first place.

Kenji wrote:
Well well mister picky for your information, my old ocmputer was an acer travelmate 2410 with windows XP SP3. The second file was not converted useing divx, I thought I was pretty dam clear when i said the file was an AVI and a divx converted file do not carry that extention. No neither of these files where from my old computer, SMC works perfectly fine on the divx file. And don’t you dare come back saying its the file that’s screwing me over because that works perfectly fine on wmp version 11. It also works on VLC Acer Arcade Delux, divx player V7 for windows vista, and Windows Live Photo Gallery, if you don’t know it plays movies it does. Now instead of you pointing out the damed flaws in my threads, why don’t you try to help me fix it so I can get on with my life. Besides you’ve only just started this today haven’t you. I bet that all those 13 posts are you going around doing your “saintly” buisness of pointing out what people are doing wrong here, instead of fixing the problems that these people are haveing, which is the only reason SanDisk put these forums here in the first place.

We cant really help you without knowing what youve done and what your working with. RELAX! Try using something else to convert it to an mpeg, or an AVI again (Different programs formulate AVIs differently) then try and convert it. 

Unfortunately video is  the toughest thing to deal with on these things. This is gonna cause you some frustration, please dont take it out on the people who try to help you. The more information you give about what you did in the past and what worked then and what you have now and what your trying to do only helps to get an answer quicker.

@conversionbox wrote:

We cant really help you without knowing what youve done and what your working with. RELAX! Try using something else to convert it to an mpeg, or an AVI again (Different programs formulate AVIs differently) then try and convert it. 

Unfortunately video is  the toughest thing to deal with on these things. This is gonna cause you some frustration, please dont take it out on the people who try to help you. The more information you give about what you did in the past and what worked then and what you have now and what your trying to do only helps to get an answer quicker.

As you’ve been around this forum a long time, you’ll appreciate that he has given way more information than most people do in their questions.

Nubilee’s attitude is not called for at all and I have to agree with Kenji here.

Kenji: I think this particular file you are trying is different (non-standard) in some way and there’s little reason I can think of why your migration from one PC to the next has anything to do with it. The underlying tools used in V4f are usually very tolerant so something must be wrong. Perhaps try running it through another convertor first (as suggested) in an attempt to produce a file SMC/V4f can deal with. 

Good luck.