Slow response and static

Hi. the other day for some stupid reason I decided to update my firmware. I updated to 01.02.24A on my version 1 E260. Ever since the reponse to button presses has been very slow and sometimes there’s static when I listen. It goes away if I adjust the volume slightly but I shouldn’t have to do that. Is there any way I can reload the old firmware? I never had any issues with it. 

thanks in advance for the help!

jul wrote:

Hi. the other day for some stupid reason I decided to update my firmware. I updated to 01.02.24A on my version 1 E260. Ever since the reponse to button presses has been very slow and sometimes there’s static when I listen. It goes away if I adjust the volume slightly but I shouldn’t have to do that. Is there any way I can reload the old firmware? I never had any issues with it. 

thanks in advance for the help!

Sure, you can re-install the previous version 01.01.18. I can’t say as I’ve ever heard anything like you’re describing after a firmware update though.

Just follow the manual installation instructions in the post.

Thanks Tapeworm, I’ll try that. BTW have you ever heard of a file called 01-0053DDA9-staticToDevice-Fixed?

That was in my recycle bin and I have no idea what it means or where it came from.

jul wrote:

Thanks Tapeworm, I’ll try that. BTW have you ever heard of a file called 01-0053DDA9-s taticToDevice -Fixed?

That was in my recycle bin and I have no idea what it means or where it came from.

No, but I’d look to see if that file somehow got put on your player. You ARE experiencing static on your device, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

jul wrote:

Thanks Tapeworm, I’ll try that. BTW have you ever heard of a file called 01-0053DDA9-s taticToDevice -Fixed?

No, but I’d look to see if that file somehow got put on your player. You ARE experiencing static on your device, right?

Do you also have a 01-0053DDA9-slowToDevice-Fixed file as well? :stuck_out_tongue:

jul wrote:

Thanks Tapeworm, I’ll try that. BTW have you ever heard of a file called 01-0053DDA9- s** taticToDevice**-Fixed?

No, but I’d look to see if that file somehow got put on your player. You ARE experiencing static on your device, right?

Do you also have a 01-0053DDA9-slowToDevice-Fixed file as well? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I still have static on my device and it is still slow to respond. I’ll check to see if I can find those files on the MP3 player. Ok I checked and I dont see them in any of the obvious places. I connected it to my computer and opened it. I checked each file. Is there anywhere else I should look?

update: I reinstalled the old firmware and I’m going to wait to see how it acts after a day or two. If it’s still acting up, I’ll be back.

Thanks again for the help.

Update to my Update…didn’t even have to wait a day to see how it acted. It’s still has intermittent static. Anything else I can try? I hate to buy a new one if this can be fixed.