Slow boot and no SDHC fix

Hi all,

I saw a lot of posts here about slow boot and SDHC cards not working properlly…

Well, I’ve had the same problem and what I did was simply format the SD card in FAT16

I did this by openning up a command prompt (start –> run –> cmd)

type the following command:

format f: /FS:FAT

(where f is your drive letter)

if the sd card is larger then 2GB it will prompt you about the cluster size, just enter “y”.

After that - i copied files over to the sd card (about 1.5GB).

The first time i fired the express on, it took about 30 secs to build the DB from the SD card (where it syas “refreshing database - do not remove sd card”)

but now whenever i fire it up, it takes only about 5 secs to boot.

this is with firmware 01.01.01A.

the sansa recognized the SD card as 4GB and all is good :slight_smile:

By the way, the link to the 01.01.05 firmware doesnt work for me, can anyone please upload it to another place and post the link over here?

Thanks and hope this solves a thing or two for you guys,

Ariel.

Thx Rel. IT is awsome. I formatted as you mentioed…working great! thx a lot man…tht my 4GB SDHC was a waste!

@rel wrote:

By the way, the link to the 01.01.05 firmware doesnt work for me, can anyone please upload it to another place and post the link over here?

In message 38 of this thread user Thomas uploaded the files to mediafire.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&thread.id=1147&view=by_date_ascending&page=4

But, if you use the Sansa Firmware Updater program you should get the latest firmware 01.01.12.  I have not seen this latest firmware posted anywhere.

Thanks!

The auto updater doesnt work for me :\

When I put it in MTP mode, It opens up whenever i plug my SE, and says it cant update because im in MTP mode.

When I change to MSC, nothing happens when i plug in my SE…

Ariel.

have you tried installing Windows Media player 11 before running the updater?  WMP 11 will automatically install the needed drivers.

I’ve installed WMP11 after i installed the updater…

I’ll try to re-install the updater now - although i doubt it will make any difference :\

@rel wrote:

Hi all,

I saw a lot of posts here about slow boot and SDHC cards not working properlly…

Well, I’ve had the same problem and what I did was simply format the SD card in FAT16

I did this by openning up a command prompt (start –> run –> cmd)

type the following command:

format f: /FS:FAT

(where f is your drive letter)

if the sd card is larger then 2GB it will prompt you about the cluster size, just enter “y”.

After that - i copied files over to the sd card (about 1.5GB).

The first time i fired the express on, it took about 30 secs to build the DB from the SD card (where it syas “refreshing database - do not remove sd card”)

but now whenever i fire it up, it takes only about 5 secs to boot.

this is with firmware 01.01.01A.

the sansa recognized the SD card as 4GB and all is good :slight_smile:

Thanks and hope this solves a thing or two for you guys,

Ariel.

Does it work for Kingostone’s micro sdhc 4gb card too ?