slotRadio General Information

Check out the Sansa slotRadio webpage for the slotRadio overview, feature description, photo gallery, technical specs and more.

Just tried the online demo… very nice, but I have one complaint. You cannot go back to a previous song? why not? the only way to get back to a song is to go all the way forward till you get back to it… do I have that right?

You get 1000 songs for $40. So at about 4 cents per song I would say it is probably a restriction of the RIAA. It is much like a radio experience.

But realistically, how many people listen to FM radio anymore? AM radio? Now that’s a different subject; there are news, weather, sports, opinion and talk-show programs broadcast on AM that people still want to listen to, so there is a market for that.

Oh, but wait . . . it doesn’t do AM, does it?

Pity.

4 cents a song sounds like a good price, I’m not about to spend $40 on a card when half the artists on the card are not ones that I care for. I prefer to spend my money on something that I can use and get value for my dollar spent. At least those times that I do listen to the radio, if a song comes on that I don’t care for, I can switch the station and not be concerned that I spent money on something that I don’t want to hear.

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 04-29-2009 06:46 PM

Tapeworm wrote:

But realistically, how many people listen to FM radio anymore? AM radio? Now that’s a different subject; there are news, weather, sports, opinion and talk-show programs broadcast on AM that people still want to listen to, so there is a market for that.

Pity.

And while 4 cents asong sounds like a good price, I’m not about to spend $40 on a card when half the artists on the card are not ones that I care for. I prefer to spend my money on something that I can use and get value for my dollar spent. At least those times that I do listen to the radio, if a song comes on that I don’t care for, I can switch the station and not be concerned that I spent money on something that I don’t want to hear.

I am sure you would be AMAZED at how many requests for FM radio iPod owners send to Apple… there is a lot to be said for the simplicity and accessibility of radio. 5 of the top 10 music apps for iPod/iPhone are radio apps (Pandora, AOL/CBS, etc…). >234M Americans listen to radio every week… (http://www.defalcoauctions.com/wjbw_docs/RadioNewsArticle.pdf)
Message Edited by Sansational on 04-28-2009 10:01 PM

@tapeworm wrote:

Pity.

And while 4 cents asong sounds like a good price, I’m not about to spend $40 on a card when half the artists on the card are not ones that I care for. I prefer to spend my money on something that I can use and get value for my dollar spent. At least those times that I do listen to the radio, if a song comes on that I don’t care for, I can switch the station and not be concerned that I spent money on something that I don’t want to hear.

Didnt see this before… Tape… I get a 61 share in a top 100 market… I dont know the exact numbers but I am told that those numbers are impressive… FM lives… and in fact it dominates

@conversionbox wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Didnt see this before… Tape… I get a 61 share in a top 100 market… I dont know the exact numbers but I am told that those numbers are impressive… FM lives… and in fact it dominates

You’re probably right; it’s still more popular than I originally thought. Especially with people in their cars, and at work. But I know there’s a large market for AM too. It’s just too bad the antennae takes up so much room for AM or we could see that on our players too.

I guress I’m just burnt out on FM from hearing Led Zeppelin’s Stairway To Heaven every 5 minutes.

I’ll go back & edit my post.

@tapeworm wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

You’re probably right; it’s still more popular than I originally thought. Especially with people in their cars, and at work. But I know there’s a large market for AM too. It’s just too bad the antennae takes up so much room for AM or we could see that on our players too.

I guress I’m just burnt out on FM from hearing Led Zeppelin’s Stairway To Heaven every 5 minutes.

We play it once a day. But we play Skynard like that

@conversionbox wrote:

We play it once a day. But we play Skynard like that

FREEBIRD!!!

*mozies on back to the Fuze forum*

@tapeworm wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

That’s how I feel about Skynrd, the Eagles, Bob Seger, Meat Loaf, and especially the Steve Miller Band. :wink: