SlotRadio.com removal

That’s it!  I’m fed up with the SanDisk advertisement too!  I mean, every time I turn it on, I see that logo.  I bought one already, and don’t need that advertisement!  Can I turn it off then?  Such blatant marketing.  Can I switch over to a Hello Kitty icon?

While I’m at it, perhaps I’ll put some electrical tape over the logos on my shoes?

The time was flashing on my watch.  Solved that with tape too.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey! At least it does not come with a STP sticker in the box. Anybody remember when people stuck them on anything and everything back in the late 60s early 70s. You could grab all you wanted at any autoparts store back then. The best thing was that the product was proven useless as an oil additive.

14124all wrote:
Hey! At least it does not come with a STP sticker in the box. Anybody remember when people stuck them on anything and everything back in the late 60s early 70s. You could grab all you wanted at any autoparts store back then. The best thing was that the product was proven useless as an oil additive.

Nothin’ like the power of celebrity endorsements, huh?

Back then, if Mario had said STP was good on toast, the entire peanut butter industry would have collapsed, :smileyvery-happy:

14124all wrote:

Nothin’ like the power of celebrity endorsements, huh?

Back then, if Mario had said STP was good on toast, the entire peanut butter industry would have collapsed. :smileyvery-happy:

I can confirm that with latest firmware just reset to factory default and set to world region does remove this annoying icon. To the idiots who dont see the big deal - buy a new car and everytime you turn it on you have to listen to an advertisment for coca cola - completely obnoxious and not necessary - not classy at all and i will not buy Sansa again.

JJBug wrote:
I can confirm that with latest firmware just reset to factory default and set to world region does remove this annoying icon. To the idiots who dont see the big deal - buy a new car and everytime you turn it on you have to listen to an advertisment for coca cola - completely obnoxious and not necessary - not classy at all and i will not buy Sansa again.

Get over yourself. I scroll right past it on my Clip+ and it doesn’t bother me in the least. Go back to hiding under your bridge.

I’m not sure why Marvin_Martian’s replies are so insulting.  

If a person likes the logo…let them scroll past and be happy.  

But for those that consider it a defacement and aren’t happy with advertising, let them remove it.

Me thinks that this SlotRadio idea was Marvin_Martian’s and that is why is his so defensive about it.

Play nice people, quit the insults please…  

You can install a slotMusic card and the logo will switch to blue.  Call me silly (my wife and kids do), but why spend so much time rollling the icons around in the main menu?  I do that now and again, watching the pictures roll around, but the novelty of that seems to wear off after a few minutes at the most.

I think the red icon gives the quiver of choices a little balance, a splash of color.  For those of us who have used these things for a few years, the additional icon is no more than an additional capability.  It’s no more annoying than the Photos icon, or Voice, really.  It would be a different situation if SanDisk made the Fuze boot with a slotRadio advert, having you wait for it.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

arizonatwo wrote:

I’m not sure why Marvin_Martian’s replies are so insulting.  

If a person likes the logo…let them scroll past and be happy.  

But for those that consider it a defacement and aren’t happy with advertising, let them remove it.

Me thinks that this SlotRadio idea was Marvin_Martian’s and that is why is his so defensive about it.

Play nice people, quit the insults please…  

Maybe if that person hadn’t made 3 separate posts about it, in different boards, I wouldn’t have been that way. Turns out, the post here that I replied to was the first of the three he posted, and the most civil…I actually read them in the reverse order, and since the other two he had posted were quite rude, I was perhaps a bit rude replying to this one, after being more civil in replying to the other two posts…

And the SlotRadio thing was certainly not my idea…and I don’t work for SanDisk, either.