slotMovies?

Is that the next step for sandisk?  I’ve heard toshiba is already planning something similar in the new year.  I think that’s a better idea than the music.

At the very least, it would solve all the problems people are having with the Sansa Media Converter.

At the very least, it would solve all the problems people are having with the Sansa Media Converter.  

It will be pretty hard watching a movie on the SlotMusic player with no screen. The audio ought to be awesome though! :smileyvery-happy:

Maybe, like the slotmusic, it will be just a one type thing.  Just play movies.   Be a little less expensive then, say the Fuze without all the “extras” that movie lovers don’t want.  With a screen it will be more then the slot music, but still couldn’t be too much.  Or might have a place for music, just music such as soundtracks.  So no podcasts, audiobooks, photos, etc.

With the newest DVD’s now having a “digital” copy (I think only for ipods, but not sure, haven’t looked into them) movies could be going that way.

This might be an option Sandisk will want to look into.  If it can connect to a computer too.  Netbooks do not come with cd/dvd drives and they are gaining in popularity (I just bought one… I don’t need a big laptop, had one and used very little of it).

@newbee wrote:
Is that the next step for sandisk?  I’ve heard toshiba is already planning something similar in the new year.  I think that’s a better idea than the music.

That IS a good idea- Nintendo or Sony should do it with their next handheld system…

Message Edited by AutobahnSHO on 07-31-2009 07:38 AM

Message Edited by AutobahnSHO on 07-31-2009 07:38 AM