Silver (yes, silver) 8gb Clip: $59.99 at J&R Music (U.S.) -- NOT (seemingly an incorrect vendor listing)

http://www.jr.com/sandisk/pe/SAD_MX11R04GS/ 

 

Wow.

 

And you can save $5 by using Google checkout.  Not to mention, U.S. shipping is low–$2.95 for me (when’s the last time you saw that?).

 

The same price as a 2gb Clip a year ago (I knew I should have waited–heh-heh) …

 

:smileyvery-happy:

edit and ALERT (Dec. 11, 2008):

Apparently, the J&R listing in fact was “incorrect,” as the item now shows as a 4gb, not 8gb, player.  Time to contact J&R, if you had made a purchase …  I hope that J&R contacted purchasers and did not simply send out 4gb Clips.

:frowning:

Message Edited by Miikerman on 12-11-2008 01:55 PM

Post deleted.  :dizzy_face:

-Matt

Message Edited by sansamatt on 12-07-2008 07:12 PM

Matt - 

The thing you didn’t notice is that the link you posted was for a 4GB and the link that the OP posted was an 8 GB.

I paid $69 at Walmart for a black 8GB yesterday (when they were first in stock they were $79 but I waited a week).

Screen is NOTICEABLY brighter than my fully firmware updated silver 4GB (which is being passed on to our son as he has a tendency to make electronics vanish).

@phobos512 wrote:

Matt - 

 

The thing you didn’t notice is that the link you posted was for a 4GB and the link that the OP posted was an 8 GB.

 

I paid $69 at Walmart for a black 8GB yesterday (when they were first in stock they were $79 but I waited a week).

 

Screen is NOTICEABLY brighter than my fully firmware updated silver 4GB (which is being passed on to our son as he has a tendency to make electronics vanish).

Thanks!  My bad!  (Experiencing full-blown electonics-envy!  :angry: )

-Matt

Message Edited by sansamatt on 12-07-2008 07:14 PM

I’m a little skeptical about that J&R listing for an 8GB Silver Clip selling for $59.99 - that could be a typo.  I’ll believe it when someone confirms that they bought one from J&R.

The fact that J&R does not have a listing for the 4GB Silver Clip, as well as the low price, is what makes me doubtful.  $60 is about the current selling price for the 4GB Clip.  Also. nobody else in the US (even the Sansa website) is offering a Silver model for the 8GB Clip.

In any case, with all of the problems that have been reported about the dim screen display due to the reflective coating on the Silver Clips (see previous threads), why would anyone want to buy a Silver model?

@yankee_clipper wrote:

 

I’m a little skeptical about that J&R listing for an 8GB Silver Clip selling for $59.99 - that could be a typo.  I’ll believe it when someone confirms that they bought one from J&R.

 

The fact that J&R does not have a listing for the 4GB Silver Clip, as well as the low price, is what makes me doubtful.  $60 is about the current selling price for the 4GB Clip.  Also. nobody else in the US (even the Sansa website) is offering a Silver model for the 8GB Clip.

 

In any case, with all of the problems that have been reported about the dim screen display due to the reflective coating on the Silver Clips (see previous threads), why would anyone want to buy a Silver model?

 

 

4GB Clip on Amazon today…$43.68 :smiley:

Actually, the “conspiracy theory” that the $59.99 JandR pricepoint is a typo makes some sense.  Wait a second…let me check…

Woops, sorry folks.  The Sansa Mfr Part# is SDMX11R-004GS-A57 (as listed by JandR).

Guess what?  See that “4”, just before the GS?  Probably means 4GB…when I googled the item # only 4GB units came up.  

Looks like a very good guess.

-Matt

Wow, that’s a great price for the 4GB Clip from Amazon.  But J&R doesn’t usually lead the pack in terms of discount pricing, so that’s another reason why I’m skeptical about the availability of a Silver 8GB clip at that price from J&R.  We’ll see; if anyone gets a silver 8GB Clip in hand from J&R, please post.

But again, due to the reflectivity problems, I can’t see why anyone would want a silver unit when the black unit doesn’t have that problem.

@yankee_clipper wrote:

Wow, that’s a great price for the 4GB Clip from Amazon.  But J&R doesn’t usually lead the pack in terms of discount pricing, so that’s another reason why I’m skeptical about the availability of a Silver 8GB clip at that price from J&R.  We’ll see; if anyone gets a silver 8GB Clip in hand from J&R, please post.

 

But again, due to the reflectivity problems, I can’t see why anyone would want a silver unit when the black unit doesn’t have that problem.

Sounds like you might have missed the 4GBs (black and silver) available on Thanksgiving from BestBuy at $35+tax?  :neutral_face: Now anything over $40 sounds expensive… :wink:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&message.id=11766

I really don’t know what to say about the infamous silver units…I think we all agree that outside, they’re almost worthless (visually, that is!).  But since I use mine almost exclusively indoors, I have zero problems with viewing the screen.  And guys, I’m VERY nearsighted (despite glasses).  Maybe I have an unusually bright unit (still haven’t turned on the new 4GB black unit to compare) or a unique way of seeing things…

-Matt

Well, i took the plunge for you guys. I know jr.com is kind of notorious for listing products they don’t actually have to sell on their site… but they have it listed as 8gb on the site under Storage Capacity (GB) – 8. Hopefully it is an 8gb sliver sansa clip that i got for only $57.00 shipped (2.50 shipping, -5.00 google checkout). Awesome price, even if it is for the silver clip which you all say is hideous for outdoors and is generally dimmer. I have good vision, and i could easily read a friends 1gb black sansa clip so i figured silver wouldn’t be too much of a struggle (you never know though).

Ordered it yesterday and it still hasn’t shipped… I’m probably screwed. I took screenshots of the page, just in case they try to pull a “no, you paid for a 4gb sansa clip.” I hopefully will be able to get a full refund if it’s not 8gb, right? that’s false advertising. I will keep you guys updated.

Over here in UK bought an 8GB Clip in silver for £39.99 yesterday in Currys. Its bloomin’ excellent. Top sound quality through my AKG K271’s. And it goes LOUDER than any Ipod. Can’t believe the functionality for this price and physical size!

@multigrainsnack wrote:

Well, i took the plunge for you guys. I know jr.com is kind of notorious for listing products they don’t actually have to sell on their site… but they have it listed as 8gb on the site under Storage Capacity (GB) – 8. Hopefully it is an 8gb sliver sansa clip that i got for only $57.00 shipped (2.50 shipping, -5.00 google checkout). Awesome price, even if it is for the silver clip which you all say is hideous for outdoors and is generally dimmer. I have good vision, and i could easily read a friends 1gb black sansa clip so i figured silver wouldn’t be too much of a struggle (you never know though).

 

Ordered it yesterday and it still hasn’t shipped… I’m probably screwed. I took screenshots of the page, just in case they try to pull a “no, you paid for a 4gb sansa clip.” I hopefully will be able to get a full refund if it’s not 8gb, right? that’s false advertising. I will keep you guys updated.

I hope, for you, that it’s not a typo.–that issue really didn’t even occur to me as, as you note, 8gb is prominently listed multiple times in the listing.

If there were an issue, a return should not be an issue–J and R is well-established and I can only think that this would have been a typo. issue, nothing malicious.  In that case, I also would require reimbursement of all postage both ways (this being, in that circumstance, J and R’s issue entirely). 

Good luck! 

Message Edited by Miikerman on 12-09-2008 11:06 AM

**bleep**. i paid $79 for my silver 4gb clip at sears yesterday

i can see my screen perfectly- inside and outside

Ahammer12, take it back; I saw a sales circular yesterday (12/09/2008) in the Raleigh, NC paper for a $35.  It must be an national price since I’m looking at the Sears.com web page and it’s the same price:

 SanDisk Sansa® Clip MP3 Player 4GB - Silver - Model SDMX11R-4096S-A70 at Sears.com

Phobos512, when/where did you get the 8GB Clip for $69?  I’m in the Raleigh, NC area and they’re still charging $79 for it as of yesterday (I was a Walmart and checked).

Tom

And, what’s the return policy?

:wink:

@ahammer12 wrote:
**bleep**. i paid $79 for my silver 4gb clip at sears yesterday

And, what’s the return policy?

:wink:

Umm, nothing’s stopping you from either

  1. asking for a price match; many stores do that (dunno about Sears)

or

  1. buy another one, return it (the sealed carton one of course) with the older receipt…

:wink: 

tnmats,

When you checked your local walmart to see what the price was of the 8 GB Clip, did you just look at the price on the tag or did you ask a saleperson to take one out of the case and scan it for the price? Because that’s what I did and it came up as $69.88 for the 8 GB. ;)