Shuffle mode has a flaw with songs with the same name

When using the Music > Shuffle List or Songs > Shuffle List mode, songs with the same name all play one after the other.

If I happen to have duplicate songs from different albums, such as a song from a regular album and one from a greatest hits collection, the same song plays multiple times in a row.

This is kind of annoying.  Is there any shuffle mode that will actually shuffle the songs better than this?

Hmm, that’s the first time I’ve heard of this problem. You could listen by album, but maybe you don’t want to do that. Probably the best solution (at least until this is corrected in firmware, if need be) is to delete the duplicate tracks. Not perfect, I know, but it would work.

Thats a pretty funny bug :smiley:

@gwk1967 wrote:

Hmm, that’s the first time I’ve heard of this problem. You could listen by album, but maybe you don’t want to do that. Probably the best solution (at least until this is corrected in firmware, if need be) is to delete the duplicate tracks. Not perfect, I know, but it would work.

This would seem to be the logical solution.

Well, of course deleting the duplicates is an obvious workaround, but how would I go about reporting this as a bug to Sandisk to let them know that a genuine solution to the problem is needed?

Thanks.

You already have.

Thank you.