They are wma files.
When I first got the player I tried to drop and drag files at home and it didnt recognize the player so I got it to work holding the ff button and plugging it into the computer, then the computer recognized the player and I did the drop and drag and it looked like they were transfered to the player. Then I opened the player in explorer and it showed the songs in the music folder. Then I tried to play the songs and the titles clicked by one after another like it got the title but no song. I put it back on the computer and the songs were there and the data for the songs were in the neighborhood of 50,000kbs on the player but it still wouldnt play them.
So I reformatted it brought it to work downloaded the newest firmware and did the drop and drag on a 2.0 usb at work and it worked fine. Then I brought it home again and tried the drop and drag and and put a few more songs on the player, then I tried to play those songs and it just flashed the titles and went to the songs I downloaded at work and those were still fine. So the ones I put on it at work are ok but the ones at home just flash the title and go to the ones from work. Weird…
Thats why I thought it was my 1.0 usb at home that was the trouble. I’m not the smartest with all this new tecnology. I can run a mean tapedeck though!!:smileyvery-happy:
Thanks for your help!!