Shipping

Does anyone know how much Sandisk and Amazon charge for shipping?  I don’t feel like entering all of my information in and thought we might have some 4GB buyers already.

Amazon is usually free if it’s over $25 and SanDisk doesn’t sell direct.  They only have retailers so it would depend on their charges…

Message Edited by ZooWithoutCages on 02-28-2008 03:10 PM

Amazon.com is usually free when its over a certain amount ($25 I think). They use UPS Ground, but very very slow. It is carried on horse back i hear…

It really isn’t all that hard to go to the Sansa store and input some info., to see what the shipping charge will be.  Likewise at Amazon.

Sansa:  $3.79 domestic U.S. for a Clip.

I made the mistake of using Amazon’s free shipping for my 1GB Clip.  I ordered on the 3rd, but they didn’t even ship until the 7th.  It finally arrived on the 20th.  Apparently they used USPS “Standard” mail, which has pretty much no time-to-deliver standard at all.  That’s 13 days from Dallas to Tulsa - 250 miles.  Total time from my order was 17 days.  I should have just paid the $5.

Peabody wrote:

I made the mistake of using Amazon’s free shipping for my 1GB Clip.  I ordered on the 3rd, but they didn’t even ship until the 7th.  It finally arrived on the 20th.  Apparently they used USPS “Standard” mail, which has pretty much no time-to-deliver standard at all.  That’s 13 days from Dallas to Tulsa - 250 miles.  Total time from my order was 17 days.  I should have just paid the $5.

FWIW, folks might want to see if it’s cheaper to shop at the Sansa store, use the discount code (see webvertisement at the top of this page), and pay their S&H.

My Sansa Clip 4GB cost $75.78 including S&H, compared to amazon.com’s $80.  It shipped on Tuesday, and will probably be arriving today (Florida to Ohio).

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 02-29-2008 08:30 AM

@peabody wrote:

They ship (usually) UPS Ground with a delayed shipping. If its on a “rush” item, or something that I want soon, I normally fork over the 5 extra bucks to get it shipped out right away. On their Free Super Saver shipping, they actually HOLD the item a couple of days before shipping it. This is how they can justify having a free (for the tightwads) and paid (for the impatient) shipping for the same level of service from UPS.

If I don’t care how soon I get it, then I don’t mind waiting a couple of extra days and saving the couple of books.

They clearly state how long it will take by using each shipping method when checking out.