She lost!

While I don’t support illegal-ness, the judgement against this woman is INSANE.

If the record industry would go buy a clue and realize that the production of a CD costs less than a DVD, then drop CD pricing, they’d sell more CD’s.

Not to mention digital download prices. Make it cheap enough that no one would bother with the headache of illegal downloading and they Would Actually Make More Money.

@autobahnsho wrote:

If the record industry would go buy a clue and realize that the production of a CD costs less than a DVD, then drop CD pricing, they’d sell more CD’s.

Not to mention digital download prices. Make it cheap enough that no one would bother with the headache of illegal downloading and they Would Actually Make More Money.

I don’t support piracy either, but I think you’re being a little too optimistic. Some people will download illegally, no matter how low the price of legal purchase goes (unless the labels reduce the price to zero). If they can get it free, they will.

AutobahnSHO wrote:

No doubt. This, I’m sure wasn’t a matter of money though, but of principal. They were trying to send a message to all those who illegally “share” music on kazaa, limewire and other similar sites.

This poor woman just happened the be the one they zeroed in on. A scapegoat.

@tapeworm wrote:

@autobahnsho wrote:

No doubt. This, I’m sure wasn’t a matter of money though, but of principal. They were trying to send a message to all those who illegally “share” music on kazaa, limewire and other similar sites.

This poor woman just happened the be the one they zeroed in on. A scapegoat.

Rumor has it (and dont quote me on this because my resources are questionalbe on good days) that some artists (some of whom you may know) who support P2P sharing and release their own “leaks” that way are working on finding a way to help her… The labels on the other hand well they are scared that this might just be the nail in their coffins, people dont want to do business with companies who would go after somebody and demand that kinda $… I am anxious to see what happens.

Hard ball tactics never work.  A short-term win for the record company will ultimately be another in series of black eyes for them.  As a journeyman musician, I think it’s absurd in the amount of money some of these performers and record companies make.  I don’t see the record companies, in their current form lasting much longer.

File (music)-sharing, Part Deux

Music-sharing, Part Deux.

how do you guyz resist torrentz…i just downloaded halo 1 and flight simulator 2004 and i feel GRRRRRREAT!!!

@nissanskyline wrote:
how do you guyz resist torrentz…i just downloaded halo 1 and flight simulator 2004 and i feel GRRRRRREAT!!!

We don’t want to get sued for thousands of dollars we don’t have.

@nissanskyline wrote:

Thank you for disclosing this.  Your IP has been logged and the authorities have been notified.

I hope you enjoy jail.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@nissanskyline wrote:

Thank you for disclosing this.  Your IP has been logged and the authorities have been notified.

I hope you enjoy jail.

Im in canada… they cant search my computer. and maybe i didnt download those 2 programs

Message Edited by NissanSkyline on 08-07-2009 01:16 PM

@nissanskyline wrote:

Im in canada… they cant search my computer. and maybe i didnt download those 2 programs

That explains a lot! YOU’RE A HOSER!

Take off, ayy! :smileyvery-happy:

sorry to wreck the fun but i dont get that pic tapeworm.:frowning:

WTF???

Message Edited by NissanSkyline on 08-07-2009 05:13 PM

Message Edited by NissanSkyline on 08-07-2009 05:14 PM

@nissanskyline wrote:
sorry to wreck the fun but i dont get that pic tapeworm.:frowning:

That’s no surprise…:smileyvery-happy:

@nissanskyline wrote:

We’ve been wondering what you look like Nissan . . . Thanks for sharing.

Is this your grammar school graduation picture?

Actually im brown not a pin in a bowling alley…

@tapeworm wrote:

@nissanskyline wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@nissanskyline wrote:

SHUT UP!!! Mod please remove this insult.

@nissanskyline wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@nissanskyline wrote:

SHUT UP!!! Mod please remove this insult.

Grow up…

It seems to be your right to throw insults at anyone else, but as soon as a “good natured joke” is directed in your direction, you get all EMO…