Sent my Fuze back (RMA), how long will it take?

Last week - one the 29th - I sent my 4GB Fuze back to Sansa because it was defective.I live in Toronto, and I’ve sent it to Guelph. The person send it would take about 5 days for it to reach Guelph. This is the 7th business day, and I haven’t gotten an email for Sansa nor has a date for ‘Date Received’ shown up on the RMA status. Also, I did not have a tracking number for the package. I know I should have, but I didn’t.

Here are a few questions:

1. Does Sansa usually alert you with an e-mail  telling you they’ve received it?

2. If so, how long (Business Days) did they take to receive your mail?

Thanks!

@train wrote:

Here are a few questions:

1. Does Sansa usually alert you with an e-mail  telling you they’ve received it?

I wouldn’t count on it.

1. If so, how long (Business Days) did they take to receive your mail?

Depends on the mail service.

If you registered your device via the SanDisk website, you can track that little guy precisely.  It’s as simple as logging in and having a look at your personal information.

For those who haven’t done so, I strongly recommend it.  Click on the SanDisk logo in the upper left of these forum pages, click on Support , and register.

If you have communicated with SanDisk via telephone, they can support you just as easily.  Simply give the agent your information, ant they can update you in minutes.  Typically, your device is inspected, and within a week, a new device will be sent to you.  The process is automated, and your replacement device, if warranted, may be shipped from a different location than  your original.  Computers and automation make shipping logistics an interesting thing, as SanDisk has various locations for support.

The overall turnaround time can vary a bit, the total process just takes a few weeks at the most, including transit time, starting from the day you sent the device.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: