SE seems dead...

Hi guys. Wondering if someone can help me. This is my situation:

1. I loaded new songs into my SE player without problem.

2. After loading songs and with the SE still in the USB port, i shut down my com and turned off the main power.

After removing the SE from the USB port, it can’t even switch on…no startup screen, no blue fuzzy lines…nothing! Even my computer can’t detect it. I tried firmware update but like i said, my com can’t even detect it. Tried hard reset, soft reset, holding down the (-) button but…nothing.

Can someone help me? Do i have to send it to the service center?

Thanks.

@lightbearer wrote:

Hi guys. Wondering if someone can help me. This is my situation:

1. I loaded new songs into my SE player without problem.
  1. After loading songs and with the SE still in the USB port, i shut down my com and turned off the main power.

After removing the SE from the USB port, it can’t even switch on…no startup screen, no blue fuzzy lines…nothing! Even my computer can’t detect it. I tried firmware update but like i said, my com can’t even detect it. Tried hard reset, soft reset, holding down the (-) button but…nothing.

Can someone help me? Do i have to send it to the service center?

Thanks.

Check to see if any of the suggestions in this thread help out.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&message.id=983#M983

Message Edited by Mr_Moose on 04-21-2008 05:50 AM

heys mr moose! thanks for directing me to the page. I tried the suggestion that says put the SE into the com when it is off then turn the com on…and it worked!! Thanks! I don’t think its a permanent solution, right? Hope it lasts though…i’ll update the firmware.