SDHC Card questions for Clip+

What is the biggest card we can use on the Clip+? 16GB or 32GB?

Also when you have the Clip+ in MSC mode, if you have a sdhc card that has music on it also, will all the music appear on the Clip+ as though it was all on 1 place? Or do I have to browse to the card to play that music? Also would it know when its done playing all the music on the Clip+ to go to the first song on the card?

@s0me0ne wrote:

1.What is the biggest card we can use on the Clip+? 16GB or 32GB?

2.Also when you have the Clip+ in MSC mode, if you have a sdhc card that has music on it also, will all the music appear on the Clip+ as though it was all on 1 place? Or do I have to browse to the card to play that music?

3.Also would it know when its done playing all the music on the Clip+ to go to the first song on the card?

1. Biggest card available is 16gb, 32gb should work when released but you will have to be aware of the 8,000 track limit.

2. On your computer you will see two drives.  Using the clip+ the database integrates the two, obviously folder browsing doesn’t.

3. No, it doesn’t work that way

Now, that’s an interesting question (I’m not by my Clip+ to check it out):  if you have an album with half of the songs on the internal memory and half on the external card, and you choose via the ID3 tag/database option to play the full album, will the Clip+ do so?  Likewise, if you choose to play all your albums via the ID3/database option under albums, will it play them all, internal and external cards alike?  I would assume it would.

@summerlove wrote:

1. Biggest card available is 16gb, 32gb should work when released but you will have to be aware of the 8,000 track limit.

Are we sure the Clip+ has this limit? I know the Fuze was raised to this in a f/w update (previously 4,000), but since the Clip+ has gapless, replaygain and some other ‘pluses’ that the original clip does not, it’s possible this limit was raised in it’s firmware too. There’s nothing in print about it (at least not that I’ve seen) one way or the other, but then there wasn’t about the Fuze either.

Hmmmm . . . now you’ve started something, summerlove. Enquiring minds want to know. :stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

There’s nothing in print about it . . .

:wink:

What would happen on the Clip when you tried to copy more than 8000 tracks?

It’s actually fairly easy to get a small mp3 file and make 8000+ copies – so you could try 8000+ tracks on the Clip+ even with 16GB…

Umm… wow I actually just assumed lol, didn’t even realise

“What would happen on the Clip when you tried to copy more than 8000 tracks?” They will be on the player if there is space for them, however they won’t be in the database, and won’t be accesible, even by folder browsing. If part of an album is on card memory, and part in main memory, if they have the same album tag, they will play seamlessly as a single album. If a file is present both on the card and main memory, it will be played twice.

@jk98 wrote:
“What would happen on the Clip when you tried to copy more than 8000 tracks?” They will be on the player if there is space for them, however they won’t be in the database, and won’t be accesible, even by folder browsing. If part of an album is on card memory, and part in main memory, if they have the same album tag, they will play seamlessly as a single album. If a file is present both on the card and main memory, it will be played twice.

Ah that’s interesting!  On the fuze it always seemed to list all the tracks in the internal memory then the tracks on the card, so I had to make sure the whole album was on one or the other.