scrolling wont stop and play

when I turn on my player to music/play all it quickly scans though all the choices, but I can’t get it to stop and play anything

Sounds like there’s something wrong with the files. Either they are of a format that is not supported, or they’re all corrupted. The fact that it won’t read any of them suggests they’re a format that the Fuze can’t decypher. What type/format of files are they?

Supported Audio File Formats:

MP3, WMA, Audible, Protected WMA (DRM) OGG, FLAC

Unsupported File Formats: Anything Apple-Oriented (AAC, MP4, etc.), WMA Lossless, WMA Pro, or anything else not listed above.

Sounds like there’s something wrong with the files. Either they are of a format that is not supported, or they’re all corrupted. The fact that it won’t read any of them suggests they’re a format that the Fuze can’t decypher. What type/format of files are they?

Supported
Audio File Formats:

MP3, WMA,
Audible, Protected WMA (DRM) OGG, FLAC

Unsupported
File Formats:
Anything Apple-Oriented (AAC, MP4, etc.), WMA Lossless, WMA Pro, or anything else not listed above.

Supported

Audio File Formats:

MP3, WMA, Audible, Protected WMA (DRM), OGG, FLAC

Unsupported

File Formats: Anything Apple-Oriented (AAC, MP4, etc.), WMA Lossless, WMA Pro, or anything else not listed above.

Supported

Audio File Formats:

MP3, WMA, Audible, Protected WMA (DRM), OGG, FLAC

Unsupported

File Formats:

Anything Apple-Oriented (AAC, MP4, etc.), WMA Lossless, WMA Pro, or anything else not listed above.

Also, albums ripped to .mp3 on Mac computers may give you a folder named MACOSX with what look at first like mp3 files. They start with a period and underscore and go on to have the same filename as the song, like ._01-Artist-FirstSong.mp3. But they are 0kb in size, made for the Mac’s Finder. The Fuze sees what it thinks is an .mp3, tries to play it, and finds it’s 0kb and not music. Search your music folders for MACOSX subfolders, or search by size and see if you find any 0kb .mp3 files.

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 05-14-2010 08:07 PM

It did it once so I formatted and reloaded songs. It played great for awhile and then it just started scrolling and it won’t stop. I have tried the reset and it didn’t work.

Connect to the computer and look at the files. Make sure they are .mp3 or .wma and at least 1MB per minute of music.