Screen turns white and is white 90% of the time...

It started turning white randomly but if I turned it back on it would usually go back to normal. Now my ‘normal’ screen is white and about 10-15% of the time I have a normal screen. Any suggestions/help?

1. Try reloading firmware.

2. A decent burial. 

You may or may not have noticed there is a lot of discussion here about the 3rd-party, open-source, alternative firmware called Rockbox, and the numerous features it offers versus what the Fuze has as “standard equipment”.

One of these features/options/settings/benefits included in Rockbox is (if I recall correctly) called “Flashlight Mode”. Basically, a totally white screen. And in the dark, it does indeed pass for a low-power flashlight, good enough to find a keyhole or navigate through the house if the electricity suddenly goes out.

Due to popular demand for more Rockbox-like features, Sandisk has incorporated this worthwhile function in the newer Fuzes. Being the fun-loving scamps they are and realizing that owners of Sansa mp3 players love surprises, the development team thought it would be interesting and humorous if they neglected to tell anyone the button press sequence(s) to either turn this feature on or off.

There is actually a prize (of undetermined, but most like inconsequential value) offered by SanDisk that will be awarded to the 1st person who can accurately figure this out on their own and share their findings with the community on the forum here. To claim your prize, please start a new thread entitled, “Now You See It - Now You Don’t”, and describe within the message body in 100 words or less, the steps you took to uncover this hidden “Easter Egg”, how long it took you, and how you plan to use it now that you know the ‘code’.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends 6/30/10 at 02:03:33 a.m. Pacific Standard Time.
Void where prohibited. SanDisk (and all subsidiaries) employees (past and present) and their immediate families are not eligible.

You may or may not have noticed there is a lot of discussion here about the 3rd-party, open-source, alternative firmware called Rockbox, and the numerous features it offers versus what the Fuze has as "standard equipment".

One of these features/options/settings/benefits included in Rockbox is (if I recall correctly) called "Flashlight Mode". Basically, a totally white screen. And in the dark, it does indeed pass for a low-power flashlight, good enough to find a keyhole or navigate through the house if the electricity suddenly goes out.

Due to popular demand for more Rockbox-like features, Sandisk has incorporated this worthwhile function in the newer Fuzes. Being the fun-loving scamps they are and realizing that owners of Sansa mp3 players love surprises, the development team thought it would be interesting and humorous if they neglected to tell anyone the button press sequence(s) to either turn this feature on or off.

There is actually a prize (of undetermined, but most likey inconsequential or insignificant value) offered by SanDisk that will be awarded to the 1st person who can accurately figure this out on their own and share their findings with the community on the forum here. To claim your prize, please start a new thread entitled, "Now You See It - Now You Don't", and describe within the message body in 100 words or less, the steps you took to uncover this hidden "Easter Egg", how long it took you, and how you plan to use it now that you know the 'code'.

Void where prohibited. SanDisk (and all subsidiaries) employees (past and present) and their immediate families are not eligible.

You may or may not have noticed there is a lot of discussion here about the 3rd-party, open-source, alternative firmware called Rockbox, and the numerous features it offers versus what the Fuze has as "standard equipment".

One of these features/options/settings/benefits included in Rockbox is (if I recall correctly) called "Flashlight Mode". Basically, a totally white screen. And in the dark, it does indeed pass for a low-power flashlight, good enough to find a keyhole or navigate through the house if the electricity suddenly goes out.

Due to popular demand for more Rockbox-like features, Sandisk has incorporated this worthwhile function in the newer Fuzes. Being the fun-loving scamps they are and realizing that owners of Sansa mp3 players love surprises, the development team thought it would be interesting and humorous if they neglected to tell anyone the button press sequence(s) to either turn this feature on or off.

There is actually a prize (of undetermined, but most likey inconsequential or insignificant value) offered by SanDisk that will be awarded to the 1st person who can accurately figure this out on their own and share their findings with the community on the forum here. To claim your prize, please start a new thread entitled, "Now You See It - Now You Don't", and describe within the message body in 100 words or less, the steps you took to uncover this hidden "Easter Egg", how long it took you, and how you plan to use it now that you know the 'code'.

You may or may not have noticed there is a lot of discussion here about the 3rd-party, open-source, alternative firmware called Rockbox, and the numerous features it offers versus what the Fuze has as “standard equipment”.

One of these features/options/settings/benefits included in Rockbox is (if I recall correctly) called “Flashlight Mode”. Basically, a totally white screen. And in the dark, it does indeed pass for a low-power flashlight, good enough to find a keyhole or navigate through the house if the electricity suddenly goes out.

Due to popular demand for more Rockbox-like features, Sandisk has incorporated this worthwhile function in the newer Fuzes. Being the fun-loving scamps they are and realizing that owners of Sansa mp3 players love surprises, the development team thought it would be interesting and humorous if they neglected to tell anyone the button press sequence(s) to either turn this feature on or off.

There is actually a prize (of undetermined, but most likey inconsequential or insignificant value) offered by SanDisk that will be awarded to the 1st person who can accurately figure this out on their own and share their findings with the community on the forum here. To claim your prize, please start a new thread entitled, “Now You See It - Now You Don’t” , and describe within the message body in 100 words or less, the steps you took to uncover this hidden “Easter Egg”, how long it took you, and how you plan to use it now that you know the ‘code’.

Void where prohibited. SanDisk and all subsidiary employees (past and present) and their immediate families are not eligible.

It’s a little out of season, but have you been hitting the eggnog a little early this year?

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Did a firmware update…nothing. Still white…

I’ve only had this thing for 6 months or so…IS there a 1 year warranty, and if so how do I go about getting this returned/fixed? 

well this is weird…I took out my 8GB microSDHC card and and voila…it works again…Hmmm…WTF?!